nikon choices

peanutbuttersports

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i currently have a d40 and i do alot of sports photography for my school and just for fun (paintball)

what nikon should i step up to next

has anyone had any bad experiences with it

and i wanna hear the good ones toooo

i was actually signing on to write a post about the D5000 i received in the mail today. my girlfriend has been using my D50 until now but she's been unhappy with the poor ISO performance above ISO400. so i ordered her a D5000 yesterday, got it today and started playing with it.

first thing i can say is i really though the D5000 was in the same league as the D90, but it's truly not. not even close. as far as basic image quality they are identical. ISO performance is good, IQ is good, metering sucks compared to the D90 and i can't figure out hot to shoot continuous. the D5000 has basically no dedicated controls which drove me insane.

i would consider the D5000 more of an enhanced D60 than a stripped down D90. i thought i could use the D5000 as my second body when my girlfriend isn't with me but so far i really prefer the D50 over the D5000.

well do u have any idea on what i should step up to on what nikon makes now

In his quote he talked about the D90! that is the step up above the D60 and the D5000

I think I would really go with the D60 before the D5000.

As I research everything it looks more like the D5000 runs with the D60 but with Live View and Video?

Others my argue my thought but it is my thought! If you want a step up from D5000 then you go to D90

i need something a lil faster and higher megs so i can prvoide my yearbook production this year with a pic that isnt blurry like alot of the one they had this year

In his quote he talked about the D90! that is the step up above the D60 and the D5000

I think I would really go with the D60 before the D5000.

As I research everything it looks more like the D5000 runs with the D60 but with Live View and Video?

Others my argue my thought but it is my thought! If you want a step up from D5000 then you go to D90

well... let me add this. even though i hate the D5000 after using it, for most scenarios the increased ISO performance over the D60 is probably worth the additional $250 if it's in your price range and the D90 isn't. EDIT don't get me wrong, the D5000 is a great camera, but it does not compare to the D90

whatever just as low as possible
and maybe something that will work with my current 18-55 form ym d40 and a sigma 70-300 that ill soon be getting

prob 600-800
i also want to go with something to work in low light conditions ok
cause of basketball and cheer stuff

Then that price range narrows you down...

D60 or D5000 but you could also look for a used D90 on alot of sites and Ebay?? WATCH the sellers you buy from!

I dont think you are going to need anything more than the D90.... But have you had the chance to play with the D5000 yet yourself?

It might not have been what ITZNFB was looking for but it might work out really well for you

Most reactions

New Topics

Back