What's new

Nikon D-60 - question about RAW + jpg basic

I was just gonna say I have a Nikon D70s.. I captured in RAW, hooked the camera to my laptop and downloaded them with PS and had no problems whatsoever.
A few of the pics I also had taken a couple in complete auto and it kept it as RAW...

Not sure if you know this also, but to upload to photobucket and such it has to be converted to jpeg at some point.... probably do, but just being sure. :)
 
Without benig at home to test this... check your camera manual to see if your camera is in the correct communication mode for transferring files. (as was mentioned earlier, transfer not copy and paste).

Also, I have noticed sometimes my opperating system gets goofy at the USB port, and it doesn't recognize my devices, maybe that is another reason why ViewNX doesn't see it?

One suggetion I have is to use a card reader and transfer using your software transfer function. I have heard a few stories here and there about tranfer cords not working, or the pins breaking from all the connecting and disconnecting. I don't know how ture that all is, but I personally prefer a card reader anyway, it's faster and more convenient for me. Just a thought, whatever it's worth.

So how did the shots turn out? I take a ton of pictures in my church with low light, it can be a challenge with inconsistent lighting on the "stage". HDR is a good idea. I have been usually just shooting one image, but may consider trying HDR sometime.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom