Nikon D1 (circa 2000)

brianna_nichole

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am a beginning photographer and have the opportunity to purchase a the original Nikon D1 digital camera from 2000 with all the accessories (2 lenses, overhead flash, ring flash, etc.). Is this something worth considering or is it now obsolete? How much would the camera and accessories be worth? I recently began working as a photographer and use a Canon SLR that is about 4 years old. How would the older Nikon compare to this camera? Thanks in advance for your help!

All depends on what the lenses are, all of the accesories are, and, most importantly, the price.

The D1 was a great camera (it retailed with an MSRP of around $5.5K if I remember correctly) for its time. But there are far better cameras now.

What kind of Canon is your current camera?

It is an EOS 1-D. It actually belongs to my boss though. I am considering purchasing his old Nikon because I would like to pursue photography more creatively on my own time. I know that he did pay around $5,000 for it. I have no idea what the value would be now though and I'm not sure on the specifics of what accessories he has beyond what I mentioned above. Do you think it would be a good camera to learn more with on my own time? Do you have any idea what the value would be today?

Thank you so much!

I have not gone digital ( and probably won't ), but the D1 is one that I have been looking at on and off on E-bay. Depending on the model, the bodies alone seem to average about $400.00 plus or minus in good shape. D1x' seem to go upwards of $600.00.

Also, get plenty of batteries... they go through them like a hot knife through butter.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back