Nikon D300 good for a beginner?

UrFavSigma

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just bought the NIKON D300. Is this a good camera for a beginner? I'm a complete Noob.

Absolutely! It's no harder to use than the 'baby Nikons' and will give you SO much more performance and life.

Enjoy!

Sure it's a good camera for a beginner.

Sit down with the users manual and the camera as you read through the manual.

The D300 doesn't have an Auto modes, jus semi-auto modes like shutter and aperture priority.

What lens did you get?

You might find it helpful to visit my blog. Here is a link to the beginning:

How Do I Use My Digital SLR?

Last edited:
D40 is good for beginners.

I just bought the NIKON D300. Is this a good camera for a beginner? I'm a complete Noob.

First, it's a damn good camera. As mentioned it doesn't have cute little graphic auto-modes (scene modes) and will force you, as a novice photographer to do things with more thought, making you, at the end of the day, a better photographer.

Once acquainted with SHUTTER SPEED, APERTURE, WHITE BALANCE and ISO you will have no problems cranking out well exposed pictures.

The D300 is a horrible camera. You should give it to me and buy something better.

NO NO and NO!

Using it it is great for beginners. This may seem like I am being a smart allelic but I am serious. Many great and wonderful toys having impressed the shopper are brought home never to be seen again. USING IT IS GREAT FOR BEGINNERS. Owning it is for buyers.

D40 is good for beginners.

Its good for biguener that doesnt have the cash for a more advanced body.
anything is good for a biguener as long your willing to learn.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back