What's new

NIKON D3000 vs NIKON D5000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think that you are the only one who has posed this question on this forum? Or is it you just feel you need special attention?

Either way, you're shooting yourself in the foot.
 
You should probably wait until you have more than 57 posts and a few days membership to judge people's responses and throw out the insults.

Everyone in this thread has already done what you 'so graciously' have now done, only difference is we've done it about 50 more times, on this forum. The information you seek and the information the starter of this thread seeks is here - and easy to find, as well as 100 other places on the Internet.

Which one?

We can't tell you that, since well - that's really up to you once you pick them up and figure out what feels better. However if you read a little, search a little and do a little homework and still have specific questions, I'm sure there are 100's of members ready and willing to help answer those.

Good luck to you.
 
Since oh.. 75% of the replies on the forum are snot-filled, here's a link to a comparison site I found that has little ? marks next to each "category" if you will, that links you to an explanation of what exactly it is.

Digital Cameras Side-by-Side, 4 cameras: Digital Photography Review

Hopefully this helps a little, since most others havent :lol:

Internet forums: code for douche hiding behind a screen.

Classy. What have you contributed to this forum except for incessant pleas for help in deciding between $540 kits?

If I had answers to peoples questions, I'd answer without being a jerk. $540 or $1540 is regardless a chunk of money.. I have no intention of becoming a professional photographer and it is my decision how much money I choose to spend on anything that I purchase. Why come and post if you have nothing worth reading to type? To set this straight for your twisted mind, I'd say any of these are far from "pleas for help" as you say, but rather a request for information regarding personal experiences with the merchandise. Either step of your pedestal or carry on with your narcissism elsewhere.

Again I will say, internet forums: code for douche hiding behind a screen.

Your comments are more a reflection on you than you might realize.
 
Here is a comparison of the D300, D5000, and the D300s.

It shows image quality performance based on thousands of scientific, bias-free RAW-based measurements.
The results found in this test are actually fairly common in other tests, from other sites. This is the site if you wish to check it out for yourself Welcome to dxomark.com (beta), a free resource dedicated to RAW-based camera image quality

A link to the test Compare cameras

DXO.jpg


Take it how you will in making your decision.

I was giving the link to this website shortly after joining the forum, and have been using it like crazy with comparing cameras. its really helped narrow some down.:thumbup:
 
Then from that, you can clearly see, if you can afford the D5000; it's the better choice.
For the price you spend on it, you can get Image Quality on par with way more expensive bodies.
 
According to that chart, the D5000 is a better camera than the D300s.
 
If your not shooting video Id say get the d3000 and save a little money and put the $$ towards a lens, or other supplies. I was in the same boat back in november and am super happy with the d3000. I just looked at it as a camera is for taking pictures,not video. Thats what a video camera is for. Either way you cant go wrong with either camera! good luck

Yeah im with you there. Camera is for pictures... besides i already have a nice vid cam...i just want the great photos.

So i wonder..... If purchasing a D3000--and buying a really nice lens( or two since most im told or have read its mostly about the lens u have)
I wonder if that would be more realistic or id be better off....:scratch:

Just when i think ive got it figured out... another question comes along and back to square one! LMAO :lmao:
 
Im still debating...lol

im affraid the D3000 isnt enough and im gonna grow out of it too quick.

What are the D40 and D60? Older versions?:confused:

Im pretty new to all this..but i know i will be shooting alot of "macro"? Portraits, random shots..landscape....just whatever. So nothing to fancy.
but id like to be able to do all the necessities :) and have it be compatible with other stuff.

Type your thread title into google and click "Im feeling lucky" then read and read... Then if you got detailed question hit us up... but we can't shop for you, its up to you... DPreview.com is a good site...

Thanks, Ive used that site as well. One of the first i found.
WHy does everyone think i want them to do my "shopping" for me..
Im just simply asking those who may have the camera..or had.. or have used.. whatever the case may be... Their own personal advice.

.......Not to review, and shop! :gah:
 
Since oh.. 75% of the replies on the forum are snot-filled, here's a link to a comparison site I found that has little ? marks next to each "category" if you will, that links you to an explanation of what exactly it is.

Digital Cameras Side-by-Side, 4 cameras: Digital Photography Review

Hopefully this helps a little, since most others havent :lol:

Internet forums: code for douche hiding behind a screen.

ill be happy to shake hands and have a meet and greet with anyone on this board but the unlikely chance of that happening is just slim. honesty shouldnt be mistaken for douchebaggery. its just like in life when someone tells you something you dont want to hear even though its true it will still hurt that persons feelings.
 
I think ive decided to go with the D5000. Maybe just buy the body or a not so pricey kit. And figure out what lens does what, so i can buy some decent start up lenses. I think a macro lens-- and something else. :)


So if i have questions ( that i cant find answers too.. etc.) Am i going to be criticized and made a fool? :raisedbrow:

And thank you all for helping out, and being patient with the noobs :) :thumbup: :mrgreen:
 
According to that chart, the D5000 is a better camera than the D300s.
It's not basing it off any special, super cool features though (like 7fps, AF system, Body material, DOF preview, etc). It's just an Image Quality Comparison based on the raw files from the camera.
Here are a couple others
DXO2.jpg


DXO3.jpg



Boy do I want a D700.
 
Hello,

Take it from another newbie... I was given the D3000 for my B-day in Dec of 09... I quickly upgraded to the D5000, weeks later I upgraded to the D90.

I find this hobby very interesting, exiting and most of all a lot of fun. I found both the D3000 and the D5000 very limiting for a starter camera. The D90 body is now only under $900 USD, then you can get a starter lens like I purchased which is the Nikkor 50mm AF f/1.8.

Thanks,

J.
 
Since oh.. 75% of the replies on the forum are snot-filled, here's a link to a comparison site I found that has little ? marks next to each "category" if you will, that links you to an explanation of what exactly it is.

Digital Cameras Side-by-Side, 4 cameras: Digital Photography Review

Hopefully this helps a little, since most others havent :lol:

Internet forums: code for douche hiding behind a screen.

ill be happy to shake hands and have a meet and greet with anyone on this board but the unlikely chance of that happening is just slim. honesty shouldnt be mistaken for douchebaggery. its just like in life when someone tells you something you dont want to hear even though its true it will still hurt that persons feelings.


I see both sides of this.... I understand that noobies are ALWAYS posting this question. and it gets old QUICK. but they run to the "pros" for help and understanding with their concerns. There are those who are patient enough to take that into consideration, and there are those who have to thread bash and become d*cks just to have "Sh*ts and Giggles", and be mean to the "little people". Everyone started at the bottom once upon a time... so be nice to the little people! LOL

But i do...agree.. sometimes, rather than "sugar coating" things...some people need to just hear it. And some people are a little less or more sensitive to that.

eh...blah ok Im done.
 
Hello,

Take it from another newbie... I was given the D3000 for my B-day in Dec of 09... I quickly upgraded to the D5000, weeks later I upgraded to the D90.

I find this hobby very interesting, exiting and most of all a lot of fun. I found both the D3000 and the D5000 very limiting for a starter camera. The D90 body is now only under $900 USD, then you can get a starter lens like I purchased which is the Nikkor 50mm AF f/1.8.

Thanks,

J.


Unfortunately, i dont have the funds for that. So im sticking with a cheaper starter. lol .....its better than a Point and shoot!:lol:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom