Nikon D300s test shots!

DScience

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I sold my D90 and picked up a D300s yesterday. I mainly upgraded for two reasons; the increased AF performance, and the faster shutter speeds. Yes, believe it or not there were many times when shooting with my lenses wide open outside, that 1/4000 was not fast enough. I am thinking about exchanging it for the D700, but I might hold out and get a new lens instead. Anyway, I like it so far. The AF is way faster, and more accurate. I noticed that it focuses far better with my 50mm @ 1.4 then the D90 did.

4432957528_4af51090c5.jpg

What were you trying to capture that won't be focused even at 1/4000?

It's not focus that's a problem, it's exposure. When using aperture's of 1.4, outside, 1/4000 isn't often times fast enough to expose the subject/background properly.

When you want to control the available light outside, on lets say a bright sunny day, having the ability to go up to 1/8000 will let you bring the ambient down, while you use flash to properly expose your subject(s).

Is it a huge benefit? Depends on where you shoot, but most people will probably use it seldomly.

...and the faster shutter speeds. Yes, believe it or not there were many times when shooting with my lenses wide open outside, that 1/4000 was not fast enough.
You know that you could have achieved that easily with an ND filter, right? ;)

...and the faster shutter speeds. Yes, believe it or not there were many times when shooting with my lenses wide open outside, that 1/4000 was not fast enough.

:p maybe he doesnt wanna add more glass/plastic infront of his lenses! and his lenses might have different filter thread sizes. and maybe he had other reasons too :p iunno. just sayin :]

but hey. lucky duck. hope that 300s treats you well.

Yea I'm definitely not putting anything in front of the 50mm f/1.4 or my upcoming 85mm f/1.4 :eek:)

Most reactions

Back