Nikon D3200 - Cant adjust settings by cameras whell

michalakopoulos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone!
I hope you have a wonderful day.
I wanted to share with you a problem I face the past days.
I use my nikon D3200 for amateur use for five years. Last week I noticed that i cannot adjust my iso, apperture or shutter speed from cameras whell on the upper right. I mean, sometimes it works for some mins and then lags again. I changed batteries, cleaned my sd cards but still nothing.
How can it work and then not at all. Its really weird. I have a video example to see ehat I am talking about.
Thanks for your time !

Link - https://youtube.com/...8?feature=share

I'd try a two-button reset first.

Digital cameras are not easy to repair, the best thing to do would be to send it to a Nikon service centre for repair.

It could be the contacts for the switch have been corroded, or gunked up somehow, that would explain the intermittant fault.

Digital cameras are not easy to repair, the best thing to do would be to send it to a Nikon service centre for repair.

It could be the contacts for the switch have been corroded, or gunked up somehow, that would explain the intermittant fault.

Ha, I would NOT open any camera.
Too many tiny thing jammed close together.

After trying a reset, the next option is to send it in for servicing.
There is nothing that an end user can do about the command dial/wheel.
I would NOT try shooting a cleaner into the dial, as the cleaner would go inside the camera and onto other stuff inside, that may not like the cleaner.

Thank you all so much for the advices :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back