Nikon D3200 video settings

mgblunt

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Can someone tell me if the camera settings specifically aperture and iso transfer to video or do you have to set those settings some other way? If I wanted a blurred background in video can I set the aperture to a low number and achieve that?

Nikon Cameras | Photography Forum
DSLR Video Discussion | Photography Forum

The aperture is in the lens so yes, the lens aperture gets applied to video.
NOTE: f/2 is a bigger number because it is a fraction/ratio than f/8 is.
The ISO setting determines how much the recorded image signal gets amplified by the camera and also gets applied to video.

By the way - Video is just a series of still photos shown one after the other. Showing 25 frames per second is sufficient that humans perceive the series of still photos as normal motion.

A blurred background results from more than just setting the lens to a wide aperture.
The image sensor size, lens focal length, and the point of focus distance also affect if/how much the background can be blurred.

Nikon Cameras | Photography Forum
DSLR Video Discussion | Photography Forum

The aperture is in the lens so yes, the lens aperture gets applied to video.
NOTE: f/2 is a bigger number because it is a fraction/ratio than f/8 is.
The ISO setting determines how much the recorded image signal gets amplified by the camera and also gets applied to video.

By the way - Video is just a series of still photos shown one after the other. Showing 25 frames per second is sufficient that humans perceive the series of still photos as normal motion.

A blurred background results from more than just setting the lens to a wide aperture.
The image sensor size, lens focal length, and the point of focus distance also affect if/how much the background can be blurred.
OK thanks you answered the question that I had if I set my camera in a such a way that I have a blurred background my video will have the same effect.

Most reactions

Back