Nikon D3200 Vs. Nikon D5200

I'm thinking manual would be easier. As i recall the bracketing thing is a bit buried in the menu

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk

Nope, not at all. The fast menu is always up so long as you're not in live view. Click the "i" button, and you can select items in that menu. Just select "bracketing" and set it to the bracketing you want (or set it to off), and you're good to go. It's a lot quicker than manually getting the exposures down. Once you've done your three-shot cycle, it resets and continues until you set it to off (just to clarify that the D5200 does it that way).

I'm thinking manual would be easier. As i recall the bracketing thing is a bit buried in the menu

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk

Nope, not at all. The fast menu is always up so long as you're not in live view. Click the "i" button, and you can select items in that menu. Just select "bracketing" and set it to the bracketing you want (or set it to off), and you're good to go. It's a lot quicker than manually getting the exposures down. Once you've done your three-shot cycle, it resets and continues until you set it to off (just to clarify that the D5200 does it that way).

Not a feature I ever use to be honest. Strangely enough I never use the articulating screen either - I changed the orientation once when I put the plastic screen protector on it and flipped the screen out so it was visible, hasn't moved since, lol.

that's like the best feature of the D5x00 series!

D5200........................................................................................D3200
Lower frame rate movies1080p @ 60fpsvs1080p @ 30fps
help_14.gif
Both shoot Full HD (1080p) video, but D3200 does so at a lower frame rate
low_light.gif
Lower noise at high ISO1,284 ISOvs1,131 ISO
help_14.gif
The D5200 has a slight edge (0.2 f-stops) in low noise, high ISO performance
hdr.gif
Has in-camera HDRYesvsNo
help_14.gif
Combines multiple exposures to capture high dynamic range
focus-points.gif
Many more focus points39vs11
help_14.gif
Set focus accurately within the frame
lcd_flip.gif
Has a flip-out screenYesvsNo
help_14.gif
Flip-out screens can be helpful when composing tricky shots or taking movies
cross-type-focus-points.gif
Significantly more cross-type focus points9vs1
help_14.gif
Grab focus in difficult situations
overall_quality2.gif
Better image quality84.0vs81.0
help_14.gif
Almost the same
sensor_size.gif
Larger sensorAPS-C 23.5x15.6mmvsAPS-C 23.2x15.4mm
help_14.gif
Almost the same
dynamic_range.gif
More dynamic range13.9 EVvs13.2 EV
help_14.gif
0.7 f-stops more dynamic range
fps.gif
Shoots faster5 fpsvs4 fps
help_14.gif
Around 30% faster continuous shooting
iso.gif
Better boost ISO25,600 ISOvs12,800 ISO

This thread is about 8 months old, I'm sure the OP has made their division by now :wink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back