Nikon D3300 - Best Book

JBRoss

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am a bit late to the game, but couldn't resist the cost/benefit ratio of the Nikon D3300 currently available so I bought one. I understand all the basics, ISO, A, P, S and M and I have used them on my Canon bridge camera. I have shot in RAW mode and would like to continue to do so as I use Lightroom to organize and edit my photos when necessary.

So...all that said, what is the best overall book that will give me some insight as to where everything is located on the camera, how best to use it in various modes, etc. I can fumble through trial and error, but I would like to short-circuit process if I can learn from others instead of via empirical practice.

Thanks for any advice you may have.

Regards,

J. Ross

I am a bit late to the game, but couldn't resist the cost/benefit ratio of the Nikon D3300 currently available so I bought one. I understand all the basics, ISO, A, P, S and M and I have used them on my Canon bridge camera. I have shot in RAW mode and would like to continue to do so as I use Lightroom to organize and edit my photos when necessary.

So...all that said, what is the best overall book that will give me some insight as to where everything is located on the camera, how best to use it in various modes, etc. I can fumble through trial and error, but I would like to short-circuit process if I can learn from others instead of via empirical practice.

Regards,

J. Ross

I just read the manual and still frequently bang my melon against the wall.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The instruction manual.

Check out Amazon books. Personally, I never buy the "_____ for Dummies" books because they seem to have assumed that I'm a dummy. There are other books specific to your camera model.

Might get more responses if this was in the Nikon forum and not the Pentax forum.

Regards,

J. Ross
Did you find the D3300 Reference Manual on the software disc?

Regards,

J. Ross
Did you find the D3300 Reference Manual on the software disc?

Yes, I have read the manual from cover to cover and I am familiar with SLRs so this wasn't that much of a transition. What I am looking for is a book to guide me in instances when it might be better to "dot this" rather than "do that." Thanks for responding!

Might get more responses if this was in the Nikon forum and not the Pentax forum.

You are absolutely correct and I thought I was in the Nikon thread. Oh, well! Thanks for letting me know. I will be more careful next time. J. Ross

PM one of the mods and ask it be moved.

Most reactions

Back