Nikon D40 ISO capabilities

passerby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I shot these same objects with Nikon D40 from ISO 200 to ISO 3200, as a refernce to those who may need to see it first hand of what this D40 can do instead of hearsay. All shots used 50mm fixed lens at f1.8

I don't know the difference between CCD and CMOS since those jargons does not concern me, but what I see is what I see - regardless what kind of computer it uses. You can see that even ISO 1600 is still good, for (Australian dollars, today's price) $600 camera with kit lens.

ISO 200
iso100.jpg

ISO 400
iso400.jpg

ISO 800
iso800.jpg

ISO 1600
iso1600.jpg

ISO 3200
iso3200.jpg

Iso 1600 is pushing it, here. And 3200 is unacceptable.

But yeah, it's a good little camera. Why did you post this? Who was knocking the D40?

Oh and by the way, the only thing you need to know about CMOS vs CCD is this: they do the exact same thing, but CMOS uses less energy to do it, and so with less electricity flowing through it, there's much less interference and much less noise in the image. I'm pretty sure that eventually all cameras will use CMOS.

No, no one knocking it, just reference. I browse around the net to find a reference like this kind with no result so I made it myself for quick guide.

Btw thanks for the CCD and CMOS, did not know that before. Surely I take whichever is the most beneficial for me at the lowest price regardless of name.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back