Nikon D50?

John Orrell

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
The Land of 365-day Winters:North West England :(
What can folks tell me about it? I've seen no reviews of it yet, is it any good? I've been thinking of selling-on the Kodak 6490 (which frankly I think I've outgrown) and saving up for a DSLR to compement my film-gear. My missis has an F65 so it seems sensible to "keep it in the family" and stick to Nikon.

Holiday long weekends are hard to get replies on, so I'll jump in. Basically the D50 is the same camera as the D70. A little smaller, and lighter. Uses SD cards instead of the more standard compact flash. A good camera for the price. The image chip and digital electronics are supposed to be the same or very similar to the D70. For my money, I would go the extra few dollars and jump on a D70s. A little more sturdy body and if you upgrade later, the cards will be compatible with your next camera. JMHO.

I would not buy it. It is more less at the same prize as Canon Digital Rebel (350d) and this Canon is waaaay better here. or if you have a bit more I'd invest in d70s if you want to stay with Nikon.

Most reactions

Back