Nikon D5000 + Nikon SB-600

xtommy520x

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a Nikon D-5000 and the flash attachment Nikon SB-600.

My flash attachment has worked perfectly in the past, but recently, it would not work. I have replaced the batteries with brand new ones, and made sure all the proper batteries were in the correct spot. Whenever I put the batteries in, I could not turn on my flash. The only thing that happens is that there is a little shock (the screen turns green for about one second) then dies out. I have replaced the batteries multiple times and cleaned it as well, but it seems if the SB-600 is not responding. I have also held the on button for about 30 seconds as well and nothing has happened.

Can anybody help me with this problem? I would really appreciate it if somebody could redirect me on what to do next. Thank you.

I am no expert but I think it's time to send it in, if new fresh batteries wont get it to come on. I own 17 nikon flashes from SB25's up to SB-900. And the only one to fail on me has been 1 of the 3-SB-600's I have. I was just going to try and change the flash tube my self (capacitor seems to be charging up). But I think I may just send it in. From what I hear it's around half the cost of the flash itself to replace the flash tube. So, I have been in no rush to send it in.

If you go to nikonusa.com they do have troubleshooting on their site. Most likely it will need to be sent in, or replaced. Since they are lower priced flashes, it may not be worth spending the money to fix it.

Most reactions

Back