Nikon D5100 & SB-700

rachellebelle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi, I just bought the SB-700 to use off camera (nikon d5100) but can't figure out how to use to turn off the camera's built in flash. How would I have the sb-700 go off without the pop-up flash as well?

Flash triggers

Have you tried reading the manuals for the flash and camera? They can be very helpful with these sorts of questions.

Have you tried reading the manuals for the flash and camera? They can be very helpful with these sorts of questions.

Yes I have, and I can't figure it out that's why I made this thread :(

Hi, I just bought the SB-700 to use off camera (nikon d5100) but can't figure out how to use to turn off the camera's built in flash. How would I have the sb-700 go off without the pop-up flash as well?

I don't have the manual to ur cam so it won't be 100% accurate....
In camera go to custom menu. Under flash, set the pop up as commander , set the chan and group (A b or c). Set the flash into slave mode, make sure the channel and group match. And then, have fun.....
Only thing is, I'm not sure 5100 allows CLS

Good luck

I'm not sure if this is what you are trying to do, but the built in flash on the D5100 cannot be used as a commander.

^ This. The D5100 does not have a built-in Commander mode. You will have to use some sort of flash trigger to trigger an off-camera flash.

Get the camera out of auto mode.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back