Why would you guys recommend D90 based on all the manual controls and better viewfinder system??
This is the very reason, and the focus motor. All three reasons, in that order, IMHO. I had a D5000 and upgraded to the D7000 for these reasons. If I could not afford a D7000 I would have upgraded to the D90.
Edit; If I could see better, I would love the tiny screen on top, then that would be another reason.
please don't take my words out of context....... read before and after please and if you are going to quote, please quote the post. I own a D90 and love my direct buttons and dial but that's not a reason for recommendations to a newbie.... especially wireless flash...
wireless flash to a newbie, really???
You made your upgrade, OP is new to DSLR. D5000 was never a capable camera, especially with that stupid hinge design. D5100 is a different story.
maybe i should just go back to dpreview, this forum is full of thick air....