What image IQ is better 1 or 2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vipgraphx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These two images are taken with A nikon D610 and Sony A7, Can you tell which one comes from what camera without looking at image ext? What image is better?

This is just for fun, Both cameras are taking awesome photos.

Edit: These were both shot in RAW and are just about SOC. There was a little exposure adjustment and highlights. No sharpening was applied other tan defaults.

monkeyA by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

monkeyB by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

Last edited:
I voted for Nikon being monkey B. For me I see the brown is more...well...brown. Saturated I guess you could say.

These both look almost identical. Neither one appears much better than the other at the size shown. I would say neither is "better" than the other. The second image is ever-so-slightly warmer than the first, but not to a really significant degree.

First of all, I thought I was the only one who employed stuffed animals for modeling gigs! Glad to discover I'm not (too) crazy. ;-)

I voted for number one being from the nikon. I'm viewing this on my phone screen though so it's pretty tough to tell! How many votes do we have to wait for to hear the answer?!?

Attachments

• $image-3334628800.jpg
    $image-3334628800.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 155
I suggest you look on a real screen. If anything Image B has more detail in the black background.

The only difference I really see is that Image B is slightly warmer and the detail in the back drop, but Image A has a tiny little bit more detail on the screws on that tube.

I confess that I am baffled as to how one might determine which is which..

One of the images has also been corrected for distortion so that's a big giveaway too.

I suggest you look on a real screen. If anything Image B has more detail in the black background. The only difference I really see is that Image B is slightly warmer and the detail in the back drop, but Image A has a tiny little bit more detail on the screws on that tube.

The curses of tiny not so awesome screens and posting before coffee! I was mainly paying attention to the shadows in the face which look slightly lighter (to me) in image one.
Well, someone gotta get it wrong anyways!! Might as well be me :)

I mean, im just guessing as well...
It sounds like your got much more of an educated guess though! I can't see distortion correction in either one......

Although. I DO need to learn how to do that since I get a lot of distortion with the wide end of my 18-200 then maybe I would know what it looks like! :giggle:

Now where is vip to give us the answer?!

I will post the answer at the end of the day in case anyone else would like to give it try.

Just judging off the slight green hue on A compared to B, I would say A is the D610.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back