Nikon D700 Rookie

317Photo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Having recently purchased a Nikon D 700, I am puzzled by a difficulty which may have to do with my inexperience with this camera or another problem.
When using a 18-200mm Sigma lense I have the picture reduced to a circle with the angles blackened out. This disappear gradually as I zoom in after 60mm. Similarly, when using my wide angle Tamron 11-18mm, the image is reduced image when the lense is between 15 and 11mm. Is one of my settings incorrect or are these lenses not compatible?

Your camera is full frame but your lens is designed for crop sensor

Yup, you need to upgrade your lenses to full-frame compatible lenses. Get ready to spend some serious cash!

I think the d700 has a dx mode. Check your menus. Of course then you are taking 6mp images, shouldn't matter for you, and that will get rid of the problem you are seeing.

You bought a D700 without knowing if your lenses were compatible? Wow...

I will trade you my d7000, it will work great with those lenses

Start with page 57 (US version) in your user manual for Image Recording Options. If you do not have a copy of the manual, you can download one from the Nikon website.

To get the full potential of your camera, you will need to use FX lenses. These do not necessarily have to be expensive (relative to one's budget) if you choose older (used) prime lenses.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back