What's new

Nikon D700 vs Canon 5DMK2

shaunly

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 20, 2009
Messages
575
Reaction score
6
Location
Orange County, CA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Oh no!! not another canon vs nikon.

Actually, it's not. I was just thinking. I always thought it was stupid that people argue about which of these two camera is better. This is like comparing an SUV vs truck. Both will go off-road but one is made to carry heavy load cargo and the other is made for people. The D700 is obviously going for speed while the 5Dmk2 is resolution. They're two are completely different camera. So next time you see or hear another one of these argument, just use my truck VS suv analogy. :mrgreen:
 
Last edited:
I definitely wouldn't mind having both... but investing glass for both can be very expensive. For me, the ergonomics of the Nikon bodies is what made me choose them.
 
OK everybody move here from the other Canon vs. Nikon thread....
 
At least we can pretend it's a new thread even if it's only for 3 minutes
 
Oh no!! not another canon vs nikon.

Actually, it's not. I was just thinking. I always thought it was stupid that people argue about which of these two camera is better. This is like comparing an SUV vs truck. Both will go off-road but one is made to carry heavy load cargo and the other is made for people. The D700 is obviously going for speed while the 5Dmk2 is resolution. Their two are completely different camera. So next time you see or hear another one of these argument, just use my truck VS suv analogy. :mrgreen:

Theres a reason people argue this point. They are both DSLRs in the same class....

There is really nothing wrong with discussing camera gear. When people stop caring about facts and reality in general, thats when it goes downhill. :thumbup:
 
Oh no!! not another canon vs nikon.

Actually, it's not. I was just thinking. I always thought it was stupid that people argue about which of these two camera is better. This is like comparing an SUV vs truck. Both will go off-road but one is made to carry heavy load cargo and the other is made for people. The D700 is obviously going for speed while the 5Dmk2 is resolution. Their two are completely different camera. So next time you see or hear another one of these argument, just use my truck VS suv analogy. :mrgreen:

Theres a reason people argue this point. They are both DSLRs in the same class....

There is really nothing wrong with discussing camera gear. When people stop caring about facts and reality in general, thats when it goes downhill. :thumbup:

same price range class... but very different class. Both in college courses, but different major.
 
It's very simple... you do need speed or resolution? That's it!
 
I wish they were a little more alike. At least from a Canon standpoint I'd like to see a more advanced focusing system. FPS isn't a concern of mine but I understand it is for some.
 
KK, I think the 5D Mark II is the better choice for now. I think we all know that when Nikon releases the D800 (even though they won't say there making it) it will be the better of the two then before you know Canon will release the 5D Mark III to out the D800 Rinse and repeat like they have done so for years. Can we end this now?
 
KK, I think the 5D Mark II is the better choice for now. I think we all know that when Nikon releases the D800 (even though they won't say there making it) it will be the better of the two then before you know Canon will release the 5D Mark III to out the D800 Rinse and repeat like they have done so for years. Can we end this now?

This thread wasn't about which one is better. I simply state that these two camera are completely different, meant for different shooter and situation.
 
KK, I think the 5D Mark II is the better choice for now. I think we all know that when Nikon releases the D800 (even though they won't say there making it) it will be the better of the two then before you know Canon will release the 5D Mark III to out the D800 Rinse and repeat like they have done so for years. Can we end this now?

This thread wasn't about which one is better. I simply state that these two camera are completely different, meant for different shooter and situation.

I agree they are, and I myself would love either one.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom