Nikon D7000 18-105 lens kit additional lens advice

WitB1itz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi

I am looking to buy a additional lens for my Nikon D7000.
i got a 18-105 lens when I bought the camera, but have since
done a few advance courses.

I was wondering should first buy a wide angle lens with a smaller f-stop (1.5-2.8).
Or should i buy a bigger zoom lens like a 200mm or 300mm lens.

I don't have the a large budget and will welcome any recommendations.

Regards
WitB1itz

The question is quite ambiguous as you're comparing apples to oranges. It's like asking, "Should I take the bus to work or do I wear the red tie?"

Choosing between a wide-angle and a tele depends on what you're going to shoot.

Landscapes? Architecture? Wide-angle.

Sports? Wildlife? Tele.

You have to ask yourself what you want to do, that your current lens will not do. I had the same lens but needed better low light performance and better bokeh, but didn't want to break the bank. I got a Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 lens and sold my 18-105.

I unfortunately like taking both landscape and nature photos.
But in respect to what I have what will be the best next lens to buy.

I know a wide angle will definitely befit landscape.

What lens will you advice to buy for land scape and which one for nature?

I will then have to decide if the budget allows for both or just 1 of the 2.

I doubt anyone here can answer your question..... you'll have to answer that yourself.

Is shooting wide vistas more important than catching a distant bird in a tree? Or is it the other way around.

Unless you can find a good deal somewhere, you'll be just like many of us here.... we got our gear one piece at a time. I started out with two lenses, traded them up, then bought the next three when I could afford them. And the same goes with all the other goodies I use. I didn't have the luxury of going into the candy store and writing a 5-figure check.

I just upgraded for the first time all my gear. sold a camera body and 3 lenses with flash to afford a much better body and one lens. moral of the story is exactly what 480sparky is telling you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back