Nikon D7000 or Canon EOS 7D for amateur

The 7D is definately better, but if you already have Nikon lenses and are familiar with their layouts and handling, there's really no reason to switch. Get the D7000 and enjoy it for the very nice camera that it is.

And you know the 7D is "definately better" (SIC) because...it's on the market now and the Nikon D7000 is not on the market yet. Right??? Or is your statement just based on undying, fanatical loyalty to the Great EOS 7D? Too,too funny!@!@

Also, the clerk at the store said the Canon might be a little difficult for me to use.

I actually work in a camera store but the camera I use at home is a Nikon D90 and a D60 before that. Whenever I'm showing customers Canons, I have an extremely hard time navigating through the Canon to set everything. I don't know where everything is and I'm not used to the layout of the buttons. Go to a store and try them! See if you like the feel of the Canon and the placement of the buttons. I personally don't because I get extremely confused not because Canon is hard to use, but because I'm 100% used to Nikon.

I think Canon may come out with a newer 7D pretty soon because the rest of their line up has just been renewed. Maybe wait a bit and then get it?

The 7D is definately better, but if you already have Nikon lenses and are familiar with their layouts and handling, there's really no reason to switch. Get the D7000 and enjoy it for the very nice camera that it is.

And you know the 7D is "definately better" (SIC) because...it's on the market now and the Nikon D7000 is not on the market yet. Right??? Or is your statement just based on undying, fanatical loyalty to the Great EOS 7D? Too,too funny!@!@
Do you believe the D7000 is a better camera than the 7D? If so, why do you believe this? I feel it's a pretty safe statement to make given the its specs and early hands-on articles. Besides, isn't it supposed to be below the 7D anyway? In a lower class bracket? At least thats what everyone says when people try to compare it to the 7D....

Also, the clerk at the store said the Canon might be a little difficult for me to use.

I actually work in a camera store but the camera I use at home is a Nikon D90 and a D60 before that. Whenever I'm showing customers Canons, I have an extremely hard time navigating through the Canon to set everything. I don't know where everything is and I'm not used to the layout of the buttons. Go to a store and try them! See if you like the feel of the Canon and the placement of the buttons. I personally don't because I get extremely confused not because Canon is hard to use, but because I'm 100% used to Nikon.
Vice versa, I absolutely hate using my friend's Nikon. I find the menus very unintuitive and exterior button placement awkward. All depends on whatever you learned first. :thumbup:

I still get confused using any camera with menus... LONG LIVE MANUAL FILM CAMERAS!!!!! (as always take my opinion with a 25lb bag of salt and a whimsical picture of a monkey...).

If you have Nikon glass I wouldn't even bother thinking about switching. Just doesn't make sense. You'll always be playing brand tag. Invest in a brand... You've chosen Nikon.

The D7000 is an excellent camera, one that I believe matches or slightly surpasses the D300s. If it had a full magnesium body I'd say it definitely surpasses it. If you're not too worried about cash, and are pretty comfortable financially, I'd say buy that D7000 and start putting away what you can for a D400.

How about getting the EOS 7D Studio Version, announced on August 18,2010?

from Endgadget: "Loaning out your precious DSLR to a friend who doesn't know shutter from aperture? Got a classroom full of trainee photographers whose lesson requires they be set to a particular mode? Canon's hoping you'll drop an extra $129 on a version of the critically-acclaimed EOS 7D that lets you control how your lackeys fire off shots. The $1,829 EOS 7D Studio Version adds four tiers of password-protected locking controls, plus an optional barcode and data transfer kit (to organize and commit large photo sessions to databases) using a custom version of the company's WFT-E5A wireless transmitter for just $770 more. We can't say we know anyone who'd use these features, but hey -- if enough corporations spring for the advanced model, perhaps the original will drop in price."

Canon's EOS 7D 'Studio Version' features parental controls, barcode mode -- Engadget

Both companies make great gear. Since you're already invested in Nikon, I'd advise sticking with it.

If you can afford a 7D why not get a Nikon D300 instead of a D7000?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back