Nikon D7000 weird flash behavior

PlanePilot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just unboxed my new D7000. I installed my 50mm prime lens and started to test it out. When I popped the flash up to give it a try, I noticed it would fire off a long burst at random times? It has done this about 7-8 times. Each time I would be doing something different. Like one time I was adjusting the aperture, while another I was tilting it to a landscape position. It almost acts like the fill flash but it buzzes loudly and last longer.

I have moved up from a D40 so I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong? Or is it a defect?

You are pressing the preview button on your right hand side near the bottom of the lens. This makes the flash stay on for a few seconds.

You are right!!! I had only pressed the upper button which gave a short burst. Man I have a lot to learn on this thing:lol:

That's why they include a users manual.

Sit down with the camera handy as you read the manual, cover-to-cover.

You will need to read the manual several times. Keep the manual in your camera bag for quick reference.

I often grab one of my users manuals to leaf through when I head for the little room where I sit and build rockets.

I just got my D7000 for Christmas, and have been through that book about 6 times, and see I have more reading to do. The camera is amazing, and probably has more computing power then the first space shuttle. However, when something like that happens for the first time, it kinda freaks you out- Glad there are forums like this to get feedback. Thanks!

Read The Fine Manual

I'm pretty sure that's not what the "F" stands for.

And yeah, you bump against that DOF preview button with a SB600 on there, and all hell breaks loose. :lol:

Most reactions

Back