Nikon d7100 or canon 70d ?

Sakisbax

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I want to buy a new dslr camera in order to use it in my part time job. I have a multicopter with a camera on it (sony nex5n ) for aerial photography-video and i want a good dslr as some times i have to shoot photos from the ground to make a complete photo shooting for a customer. Now i shoot with sony nex 5n which for aerial photos and video is perfect according of course to the size and weight it has but is not very practical and so quality looking for ground shootings.
I was just to order Nikon d7100 with a wide angle lens but i read about the upcoming Canon 70d. As i was not owned a dslr so far what are you suggest to do, order the nikon d7100 or wait for the Canon 70d? You may probably advise me to take a full frame camera but unfortunately the budget is limited so i would like to buy the best Apc sensor camera.i will also use it to shoot landscapes and videos from see sightings for another project...
Thank you! :(

Get a full frame camera!

:) sorry couldn't help it.

70D is still not out so its hard to tell how good it really is compared to the D7100,
The D7100 is a phenomenally good camera in the crop sensor market, I just bought it and I am pretty sure you will be happy with it.
If you are not under time pressure and can wait then you can simply wait to hear comments, reviews comparisons of both cameras and then make up your mind.
I think in most areas the cameras will be close with each has a slight advantage in different areas but altogether they will probably be very close.

This reply might not be very helpful but until we don't get real life reviews on the 70D it will be hard to know how it compares to the D7100

BTW-I would get the D7100 but that's my personal preference.

"what are you suggest to do, order the nikon d7100 or wait for the Canon 70d?"

Would stick with what you already ordered as there will Always! Be another Camera around the corner.

Biggest consideration would be to handle both at a store and find which feels more natural to hold.
How the buttons are placed and which menu's structure seems to make more sense to you.

Only thing to analyze difference if Video is important in the camera. As don't know the differences of Video performance between them.

I was just to order Nikon d7100 with a wide angle lens

Which wide angle lens? And why?
As many times it is good to start with a standard zoom like the 18-105vr and define your needs and style.
And do some learning and shooting to find what lenses are needed for your style of shooting.

"what are you suggest to do, order the nikon d7100 or wait for the Canon 70d?"

Would stick with what you already ordered as there will Always! Be another Camera around the corner.

Biggest consideration would be to handle both at a store and find which feels more natural to hold.
How the buttons are placed and which menu's structure seems to make more sense to you.

Only thing to analyze difference if Video is important in the camera. As don't know the differences of Video performance between them.

I was just to order Nikon d7100 with a wide angle lens

Which wide angle lens? And why?
As many times it is good to start with a standard zoom like the 18-105vr and define your needs and style.
And do some learning and shooting to find what lenses are needed for your style of shooting.

Thank you for your answer. You are 100% right in what you said. The bad thing is that here where i live it will be difficult to find both cameras at a shop as they don t bring so expensive cameras to take them in my hands. Video capturing is in my interests and demands of jobs so canon as they say has better video.i don t know about photo quality canon has against nikon d7100.
About wide lens, i need them in order to shoot landscapes and inside buildings so the more things inside a photo is better and more efficient...
I believe that both have equal picture quality (do they??? ) but Canon claims that video autofocus is the best on dslr's now... I don t have time pressure for next 1-2 months so maybe i will wait for canon to get on sale and see if it worth to buy...

Most reactions

Back