Nikon D80 Equivilent

qcmama

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am considering applying with a local company as a freelance photographer. Currently I shoot with a Nikon D3000. They require a D80 or equivalent I have looked at DPReview and compared side by side, well the D90 and D3000 the D80 was not available, and they seem pretty similar. I know I have a basic entry level camera but if I could get some good solid work behind me I would feel a lot better about buying the next best thing. Anyone have any suggestions? They would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all in advance!

First, look at the D3000 and the D90 again. If you still think they are similar after your research, then do not bother applying.

I think you should tell your local company to run off in short jerky motions. The D80 is capable, but the D3000 should provide the necessary detail in a final shot.

Hey destin, just noticed your signature. Cheers :thumbsup:

D80 is way more than the D3000. I picked up one for a couple of hundred bucks (with under 13K shuuter actuations) on craigslist as a back up cam after my D7000 spent its 1st week in the shop. I love this D80! Not quite as good as the D7000 in many areas I've noticed, but reliable
bigthumb.gif

Image quality wise, the d3000 is actually a little better then the D80 (similar sensor, but with newer software in the D3000).

However, the D80 has many more features. You can buy a used D80 for as low as $300 on ebay, I suggest you look there. Or you can opt for a D90, D5000, D5100 or D3100, which are superior to the D80.

Most reactions

Back