Nikon D90 and stuff.

Ernicus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got a great deal on a 7D in the shop and after using for a day or two it has made me want to make the jump. Since I don't have any money tied up in glass, as my current glass is all borrowed, if I'm going to switch...I should do it now.

So...I need to sell all my current Nikon stuff to get the 7D.

I am asking $800 for it all. Not going to piece it out as it won't do me a darn bit of good to have some Nikon gear and some Canon gear.

Here's what I have after doing my inventory. Do the math and even at low used prices around the net, you'll see there is more than 800 bucks worth of stuff here. Figured I'd give someone an opportunity to make out a bit in my need for quick cash to make the merge, and get a great body and odds and ends I have collected over time.

-Nikon D90 Body Only (Fantastic body...bought it here at TPF. Great condition, only had it a month. I love it, but I love the 7D more and didn't expect to come across one so suddenly)
-Nikon MD-B80 Battery Grip (total awesomesauce. Not just for the extra battery...but the shutter actuation button is sweet to have when taking portraits.)
-3 Batteries (two for in the grip and one as a backup. Using this setup I have yet to get caught with no power)
-Wireless Remote (Nikon ML-L3)
-Wired Remote (Nikon MC-DC2)
-Flash Sync Cord (I forget the brand...but it's a good sturdy cord)
-3 16GB Memory Cards (Sony, PNY, Transcend) I have never had any issues with any of these..I don't get caught up in the hype over cards. To me, they all work.
-1 Sunpak Digiflash 3000 (not a terrible flash, but I would not use it as primary flash as it's not much more powerful than your popup...however it has its uses for various ocf setups)

Oh, paypal or you can overnight a money order. Cell is 207-214-4442 if you would rather text. I hardly have minutes or ever talk...but I text a lot. lol.

I'll be putting it in the used cabinet at work...so should not last long there, just like with the D3100 I sold...thought I'd offer it up here first to the fine folks of TPF.

Aslo, if anyone is wondering why I have two remote releases...one wired, one not. The wireless remote does not have a lock on it for doing long shutter speeds, the wired one does. So if you are using bulb mode and want x minute exposures...you'll need the wired one. ;-)

Nooooo say it ain't so. :)

lol. I can't help it. I love Nikon. I promote it at work and recommend it when selling them to those who are undecided. But the 7D is sofaking awesome. I have to admit it. I toyed with a 300s which is it without going full frame...and it does not compare to the 7D. I seen it on paper but until I touched it....it didn't sink in.

Lol. I keep saying this is s Nikon house but our point and shoot is cannon and we just picked up a Pentax 110 super.

On entry level dSLR's it really is a "ford v chevy" thing, and to me is all about ergonomics and ease of use....until you get to the pro lines or top end prosumer lines you don't see a difference in quality and functions.

I do like the compact nature of the Nikon point and shoots over Canon...I sell them like candy over Canon. Although the powershots like the G12/11 and even the S100 are pretty badass. But the Nikon p310 has a kickazz 1.8 lens on it and the 9300 is pretty sweet as well. anyway, that's a whole different topic. lol

awe man...
I didn't see the 80-200mm we gave you on the list. what are your plans for that?

awe man...
I didn't see the 80-200mm we gave you on the list. what are your plans for that?

Donate it back to the forum. As of now...it is the only lens I own since selling my kit lens. lol. It's not on the list as it's not mine to sell. It needs to be paid forward, in the event I make the switch, that's what will happen to it.

thanks man.

I think I got it sold....we'll see today. got a 28-135 on the 7D today that the boss gave me....if the deal goes down, with my store credit I've accrued...I'm going to get a 50m 1.4 as my first order of business....and either a 85 1.8 or a zoom. not sure yet. also got a line on a decent 70-200 2.8 non IS but if price is right will be an easy snatch.

so...we'll see. *wags tail*

Update. Didn't sell. The lady interested really only wanted the body only and I don't want to sell just the body. So it's still up for grabs. I have a customer who is bringing her friend looking for a D90 to see it, but that's next week, thursday ish, and I really don't wanna wait a week...so first come first serve if anyone here wants.

Price drop $700.00 bucks. not going any lower. need to move it, the 7D calls my name each night, i can't sleep, it's terrible. Please...help me sleep.

:)

the body, grip and batteries alone are worth 700.

buy it.

Where are you located ??

Most reactions

New Topics

Back