Nikon D90 tips?

Chris.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Today i bought the nikon d90 w/ 18-105 mm nikor lens. Its my first dslr and there is obviously going to be a fair bit of learning curve to get over. I was hoping you would have some tips or useful sites to help me.

Thanks,
Chris

Um, read the manual. There's tons of tutorials and such all over the internet, including linked on this forum.

yea, advice #1 is read the manual (without having the camera in front of you) then, read it again, with the camera in hand.

The manual is going to be your best bet. I know it sucks to read, as it's all technical, but force yourself to do it all you will be rewarded. I carry the manual for mine and my D300 in the camera bag just in case I can't remember how to do something.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks guys for the tips! They are helping alot.

Don't try to figure it all out at one time. Read the manual then go work with one or two things. Read again if you need too, then come back here post some pics and ask for help. Go to Youtube and search Nikon D90. There a lot a great beginner stuff out there. If you are a visual learner it's a great adjunct to the manual.

Last edited:
The Digital Field Guide IS a replacement to the manual. It's much better than the manual and you don't need to read both.

Most reactions

Back