Nikon Digital Flashes

ajmall

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photodrew.co.uk
I am confused as to what flashes are compatable with the D70s? I think I was told once it was the 800 and 600 only. But on Nikon's website it says the 50 and 80DX are compatable with the "D series" and lists the D1 and D100. Am I right in assuming it works FULLY on a D70s?

Thanks

The D100 and D1x use different flash systems then the D70. They use the D-TTL system (which is supported by the SB50 and SB80) and the D70 and newer bodies use the i-TTL system which is only compatable with the SB800 and SB600. The older flashes can be used with the D70 but only in manual mode.

Hope this helps

K

iv used an 50dx and an 80dx on a d2h, since the flash doesnt support i-TTL it just goes to dttl. it would do the same on a D70s. but if you can afford the 800 is a really nice flash, i miss it now that i switched to canon :sad anim:

kfoster said:
The D100 and D1x use different flash systems then the D70. They use the D-TTL system (which is supported by the SB50 and SB80) and the D70 and newer bodies use the i-TTL system which is only compatable with the SB800 and SB600. The older flashes can be used with the D70 but only in manual mode.

Hope this helps

K

yes it did, thanks. if i could afford it i would get the 800 but i'm think it's a lot more cash for a small amount of extras compared to the 600

Most reactions

Back