Nikon F100 or N80

mattvillano

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I actually already own a Nikon N80 and I feel it is a pretty solid camera. I have a friend who was interested in buying an N80 and asked me about it. I was thinking maybe I should sell him mine(he asked if I thought of selling it) and move up to an F100. I understand that the F100 is more solidly built but are there any features i.e. AF, metering, etc. that are better in the F100 than in the N80. I've read a lot of the reviews, just wondering if anyone has any personal experience. Or would this just be a waste.

Thanks

i have an N80 and have used an F100 a lot. im pretty sure it doesnt really have any aditional features. however it has a metal body, the N80 is plastic. also the N80 has a built in flash, the f100 doesnt. also, the F100 has a faster frame rate. i prefer the F100, i like a heavier camera and i would never use a built in flash. however i couldnt justify buying it when i could just spend the money on lenses or a digital body. the differences arnt enough to switch up....but thats just my opinion.

Skyeg said:
i have an N80 and have used an F100 a lot. im pretty sure it doesnt really have any aditional features. however it has a metal body, the N80 is plastic. also the N80 has a built in flash, the f100 doesnt. also, the F100 has a faster frame rate. i prefer the F100, i like a heavier camera and i would never use a built in flash. however i couldnt justify buying it when i could just spend the money on lenses or a digital body. the differences arnt enough to switch up....but thats just my opinion.
agreed if they have most the same features and as long as yours doesnt bother you hold on to your money.... as the old sane goes if its not broken DONT fix it haha

i use an N80 (F80 as its known over the pond) and from what i've read about the F100 is that it seems to be a bit more camera for a lot more money.

what about an F5? in the UK i know u can get them used for a good price but i don't know about the states...

one thing i don't like about the F80 compared to other SLRs with vertical grips is that it doesn't have a shutter release on the grip!

im pretty sure you can get a vertical grip with a shutter release.. ill 99% sure

Most reactions

New Topics

Back