Nikon Full Frame on a Budget

rodnunley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone. I currently am shooting with a Nikon D5000 (which I like) and think that it's time for me to finally upgrade to a full frame sensor camera.

I mostly like to shoot with my 50mm prime lens but that is partly because right now it's my fastest lens.

I shoot mostly model portraiture and I would like something that could shoot better in the dark.

I would also really love something that has more focus points. Mine is limited right now.

I am wanting to go with a used or refurbished camera because I am on a budget and want to save as much money as I can on a camera purchase.

What Nikon camera would you guys and gals recommend for this sort of thing?

Thanks in advance for any advice that you can offer.

Nikon D700 at $2199 would be the best "budget" full-frame Nikon body.

Nikon D700 at $2199 would be the best "budget" full-frame Nikon body.

Should I assume that's a retail price?

My idea was to decide on the camera that I want and then take my time to find it used on craigslist or ebay or adorama or whatever. Try and get a good deal on one. I don't have to purchase it right away so I have time to hunt for a good deal.

Good luck finding a new one at retail pricing. Youre probably going to have to go used.

Good luck finding a new one at retail pricing. Youre probably going to have to go used.

Look in the smaller markets...there are plenty of D700's...but you will NOT find them at The Big Five...buy a copy of Shutterbug magazine, and start e-mailing shops in secondary markets...not in New York, Chicago, or LA, but think Harrisburg,Seattle, Tampa, Sacramento, Dubuque, etc.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back