Nikon L110

TylerTarris

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well atm, I am shooting a Nikon L110 with a 16 gig sd card and the included Nikon lithium batteries, I want to improve picture quality with an off camera flash, and as such I want to find a L or 3 sided flash bracket, that I can mount an external flash to, I want to shoot weddings, etc. and dont currently have the money to upgrade, as such I would greatly appreciate it if someone could post a flash bracket that is of good quality that will work with a Nikon l110, and what they think would be a good external flash to use on it, if possible, please show me something that I can use a power source on and what powersource i can use (external battery) I want it to recharge in about 2 seconds instead of 20, well thanks a ton guys :D

...you're not seriously thinking about even attempting to professionally shoot a wedding with an L110...?

Mark

Not professionally, its a family wedding, I just want to get a flash bracket so it will look better, im currently saving for a Nikon dslr, im specifically looking at the d3100, but lets not get off topic, I specifically want a nice flash bracket that will work competently with my l110, it does not have a flash horseshoe, so I dont know how I would make this happen.

so I dont know how I would make this happen.

Short of taking it apart and directly wiring a sync lead that is triggered by the shutter trigger. I don't think you can.

Your better off renting a camera and a couple of lens for the weekend.

shoot weddings, etc.

...you're not seriously thinking about even attempting to professionally shoot a wedding with an L110...?

If you spend $200 on the L110, you could have gotten a D40/70 for not much more..just saying..

Mark

If you spend $200 on the L110, you could have gotten a D40/70

Whilst true, with the L110 you don't have to buy new lenses to make it work!

TBH, with the flash bracket I would have been able to take higher quality pictures, and thats the only reason why I was leaning towards it, im going to keep researching dslr's and assessing my budget, and ill post about that later, im just going to shoot this one with my canon 35mm, thanks though?

If it's got a tripod mounting thread, pretty much any standard flash bracket should work, I would think. You can pick up a Stroboframe for not too much cash if you look around.

How to get it to fire an external flash though, I don't know enough about the camera to say. Does it have a flash sync port? If not, you'd have to rig up some sort of optical slave to get the pop-up flash to fire it I guess.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back