Nikon lens question

niccig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.niccigilland.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Sorry if this specific question has already been answered. I did a search, but got nothing - even google has failed me here!

So - tomorrow I'm ordering an F80 from KEH, along with the Nikon 50mm f1.8D lens. However, I'm also looking for a zoom lens. Specifically, I'm looking at the Nikon 35-80mm f4-5.6D macro lens.

There are also several third-party lenses with a larger range (35-200mm) at about the same price.

I'm willing to sacrifice a large zoom range for quality, so my question is -is this particular Nikon lens of pretty good quality, or will I get equal quality with a third-party lens? I read somewhere that the Nikon is a kit lens bundled with the F50, but otherwise can't find much about it, which makes me a little wary.

Thanks everyone!

I would go for the Nikon lens. There are good 3rd pary lenses like Sigma, Tamaron, etc. but you can't beat the quality of Nikkors.

IMHO, the glass you put on the camera is probaby the most important part of your system so don't skimp there. The old adage is true, "You get what you pay for". Don't go cheap, you will regret it in the end.

IMO, you should have gone with the 35-70mm f/2.8 Nikkor. Even though its push-pull, its f/2.8 through all the focal lengths and is amazingly sharp.

Its a great lens although the autofocusing is kinda slow unless your using a d200 or something.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back