Nikon MB-D10 - Any Input?

Sorry! I thought I typed 'thanks for the input'... much appreciated, it led me on a streak of great reviews.

Will add my own thoughts when it arrives and after some use.

Thanks again all!

Got the Zeikos on Thursday morning and it has yet to come off (well, except once to remove the battery in the camera).

I don't really notice it's there, which says a lot.

Too early to really say much, but so far so good. The only thing I really could nitpick about would be the command dials not being 'soft' like the Nikon ones... but it's not a deal breaker for me - especially for the cost difference. Performance is great and everything feels nice and in the right places.

I'm looking forward to hear what you have to say after a bit of time! I've been debating a grip for my D300 and have considered the Zeikos. Hopefully you'll have a good experience with it and I can save a bit when I get around to purchasing a grip!

I'm looking forward to hear what you have to say after a bit of time! I've been debating a grip for my D300 and have considered the Zeikos. Hopefully you'll have a good experience with it and I can save a bit when I get around to purchasing a grip!

I've been using one on my D700 for a couple months now and I love it. The flecked finish is pretty much the same, it has only a slight difference in the rubber texture but looks like it is a Nikon manufactured product. It is plastic vs. the alloy MBD10 but feels solid and secure. I don't see a whole lot of difference between the command dial feel but that would never bee a dealbreaker anyways. Obviously I chose it due to cost but the positive reviews of it helped sway my decision. I think it's easily worth the $70-$80 I spent on it and adds a nice feel to the body.

Update:

I went ahead and got the Zeikos version for under $60 shipped... for my needs it should be more than adequate, plus it'll relieve the temptation to buy that special battery :) Another benefit is that it didn't dip too badly into my 80-200 funds.

Just make sure you keep the warranty information, my zeikos died within day--maybe a fluke, but unfortunately instantly threw away all my purchase information.

Thanks for the info...

I am still a happy camper with mine, it just feels so natural that I don't notice it even has a grip.

Just one final update to this then I'll let it die if nobody else posts to it :lol:

After a few weeks with it now and shooting daily with it on, I'm 90% satisfied with this battery grip. The 10% is only because of the command dials not having the same feel as the bodies command dials. 10% is probably a little strong to knock off, but it's noticeable and it's the only thing that bugs me in the least about it.

Still, 90% is an incredible score for something that costs $50 shipped vs $250 shipped!

Anyway, it's been awesome to have on my D300s and I recommend it to anyone on a budget, or who doesn't mind the plastic feel of the command dials (no soft texture like the body has) and plastic body (vs magnesium alloy of the Nikon brand).

If I ever have an 'extra' $250 to throw at camera gear, it would cross my mind briefly to get the Nikon version - but I'd come to my senses once it was in the shopping cart.

If I wanted a grip for my D700, I would have spent an extra coupla hundred and got a D3.

The MBD10 on a D700 defeats the purpose, and isn't really much cheaper than a D3 when you put the ENEL4 in it.

Hmmm... that pesky grip is very hard to remove from the d3.

Besides a generic mbd10 is only about $75... that's a lot cheaper then the $1000 plus price difference between a d3 and d700.

Its a Must! Heavy Lenses tend to pull the camera body forward, the grip adds a nice balance giving you more to hold on too. I also like the additional 2fps. My grip is on my camera at all times, even if i don't have batteries in it.

Not trying to change you mind but, heres another grip that has gotten good ratings.

Zeikos Vertical Grip Review - Photo.net Nikon Forum

and a Better Price

Amazon.com: Zeikos ZE-NBG300 Battery Power Grip for Nikon D300 & D700: Camera & Photo

I have both. Zeikos is FTW considering the price. Awesome grip.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have been thinking about the zeikos for my d90. How does it feel in your hands build quality wise. How much does it weight? Are the dials prompt when you turn them with the camera or is there a delay? Thanks man!
TJ

I have been thinking about the zeikos for my d90. How does it feel in your hands build quality wise. How much does it weight? Are the dials prompt when you turn them with the camera or is there a delay? Thanks man!
TJ

It's all good man. Quality is near perfect. Solid heavy weight...and the dials have no delay. I remember seeing some Amazon reviews about that...don't know wtf they were talking about. I would def get the zeikos over the nikon grip. Get it.

I shoot with my D300 and had purchased the MB D10, I am glad I did purchase the grip. It gives you that extra 1 or 2 extra shots within a second. No issues with it, makes the camera look bigger, it makes a great handle/grip, extra battery life, and is a must have. I use the D10 on every shoot, and I don't even shoot sports. To some, it's a but pricey but ya get what ya pay for.
If your having trouble considering to buy or not to buy, If ya have the loot, buy it. You won't or shouldn't regret it. Yeah it makes the camera heavier, if your having trouble carrying the D300 to begin with, than I suggest another less physically demanding occupation! LOL.
It's a great tool to have if your a serious photog.:thumbup:

Most reactions

Back