Nikon ML-L3 Remote Shutter Release-Problems?

Roger3006

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.midsouthgunslinger.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello Everyone

I bought the referenced product about three months ago. It was used once right after I bought it and now is is dead. The battery is good. Do many of you use this and if so do you like it?

Thanks,

Roger

Hello Everyone

I bought the referenced product about three months ago. It was used once right after I bought it and now is is dead. The battery is good. Do many of you use this and if so do you like it?

Thanks,

Roger
Amazon.com: Nikon ML-L3 Wireless Remote Control: Camera & Photo

one of these? I love them, actually i purchased off brand ones off of eBay for $2 each. I have 2 of em they are GREAT. I am surprised yours is dead, is it genuine nikon? i have non nikon ones and i've had them for 2 years and the batteries are not even dead. I use them all the time, must have in any camera bag.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I've had one for 4 years, back when I got my D60. Still going strong on it's second battery.

If you bought it new, return it. If not, for the price..... they're literally disposable.

Thank you all for your input.

I bought it new on eBay. It is Nikon or the best counterfeit I have ever seen.

As cheep as they are I plan on replacing it. I will also send my broken one back to have a backup.

Have a great day.

Roger

Hello Everyone

I just realized it helps to point it at the front of the camera. Duh!!!

Much different than the long cable I use on my Blad.

Roger.

Hello Everyone

Much different than the long cable I use on my Blad.

Roger.

if its from ebay and you paid less than $15 for than its very very likely its just a really good copy. And yes on most slr's you need to point it at the front the only camera i know that has an ir detector on the back is a d7000, the higher end full frame's or d300's might have one on the back too.

Hello Everyone

Yep, they don't work as well if you point at the camera from the side or from behind.

Or at least berefit of technological understanding.

As you have discovered but may not yet appreciate, the ML-L3 is an optical device that uses an infrared (IR) light beam we humans cannot see.

The optical sensor is on the front of your camera. Note that you can use the ML-L3 from behind the camera if you have a suitable reflector strategically placed to bounce the IR signal to the IR sensor on the front of the camera.

IIRC the D7000 has 2 IR sensors, one in front and one on the back.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back