Nikon S2 Shots

enezdez

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
All Images Taken With A Nikon S2 + Nikon 50 mm F/1.4 - At 1/500, ASA/ISO 400 Using Sunny 16 Rule - Ilford HP5+ - Scanned With Silverfast & Then LR/PS

These images turned out the best from my test roll...

"Corona..."

20200529-untitled-1-Edit.jpg

Fuji XPro 3 Version

untitled-2-Edit.jpg

"The Masked Corona Girl..."

20200529-untitled-1-4-Edit.jpg

"The VESPA...The Italian Scooter..."

20200529-untitled-1-3-Edit.jpg

Fuji XPro 3 Version

untitled-3-Edit.jpg

"NJ Farm..."

20200529-untitled-1-6-Edit.jpg

"The Colonnade..."

20200529-untitled-1-5-Edit.jpg

Thanks For Looking Any Comments/Criticism Will Be Appreciated.

Cheers,

Enezdez

Last edited:
I’d keep the last 2. The others are more like snapshots. The farm picture is good. Not complete though as the angle/perspective is a little off, and the shadowy edges throw off the balance and are a tad distracting but still good. The last one is artsy contrary. Brave to just smack the subject right in the middle like that but I think it works fine here.

I’d keep the last 2. The others are more like snapshots. The farm picture is good. Not complete though as the angle/perspective is a little off, and the shadowy edges throw off the balance and are a tad distracting but still good. The last one is artsy contrary. Brave to just smack the subject right in the middle like that but I think it works fine here.

@charlie76 Thanks...it was a test roll, wanted to see how the camera shot, plus it was my 1st time shooting film in over 30 years... lol

Cheers,

Enezdez

Interesting comparison. Good lens resolution in both. Tough scene (vespa and dark car) to sunny 16 if you want shadow detail. Good way to get a feel for your new film camera. I assume you sent your film to a lab. I have not shot HP5 in a long time, I use TriX mostly but I do have a brick of HP5. I think you did a splendid job checking out your new camera, I can relate (see) totally to how and why. I really enjoyed viewing this. It's fun slowing down a little, isn't it? I think it has the potential to make us better photographers. The XP3 is made for this type of "film like" shooting experience.

I prefer the greater shadow detail in the digital shots

Interesting comparison. Good lens resolution in both. Tough scene (vespa and dark car) to sunny 16 if you want shadow detail. Good way to get a feel for your new film camera. I assume you sent your film to a lab. I have not shot HP5 in a long time, I use TriX mostly but I do have a brick of HP5. I think you did a splendid job checking out your new camera, I can relate (see) totally to how and why. I really enjoyed viewing this. It's fun slowing down a little, isn't it? I think it has the potential to make us better photographers. The XP3 is made for this type of "film like" shooting experience.

@jcdeboever Thank you very much and yes I did send the film out to a lab. I just didn't wanna deal with all that BS...lol. Yes it is a lot of fun slowing down and I agree it makes us better photographers for one film cost money, it's not digital which is free; thus, one has to concentrate and pay more attention prior to pressing the shutter. And then it becomes like a box of chocolate you never know what you going to get until the film is developed no more instant gratification..especially for me since I send the film out...patience becomes a virtue.

I have processed two rolls one shot with the Nikon S2 and another with the Nikon S3 2000, the shots/negatives with the S2, I scanned using Silverfast and appear grainier while the S3 2000 shots/negatives I scanned using the generic Epson software appear cleaner less grain what do you use for scanning?

Although, I will be using the Ilford HP5+ for a while since I bought a brick from B&H :icon_mrgreen:

I also have Kodak TMAX 400 but 120 film for another film camera I just picked up, I am hoping it is less grainy?

I am waiting for KEH to ship me a couple items to compliment the camera, if they arrive prior to this weekend, I may have 120 shots by the following weekend to show you...

In the meantime stay healthy & keep well!

Cheers,

Enezdez

Delta 100 is low grain, Acros 100 is fabulous film. I love grain so I prefer the TriX at box speed and HC110B or Rodinal at 1:50. Rodinal is sharper than a diamond in a goat's ass. Acros is pretty special though. If you want more detail in the shadows, get you exposure and bump it a stop to match your digital. Actually, do what you did here and bracket a shot, normal, 1/2 stop over, then 1 stop over. Compare again, post. If you really want to do something cool, take your xp 3 and shoot the scene in matrix, center, and spot.

Most reactions

Back