What's new

Nikon SB-700?

Ub3rdoRK

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 28, 2009
Messages
407
Reaction score
0
Location
So Cal
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Anyone know when it will be released? I need to get a couple stat! finally something somewhat equivalent to the 900 with a better pricetag. I keep hearing late october, but anyone know an official date?
 
Litte off topic but I have seen the sb600 for about 199.00 and I think they are a steal at that price~ Looked for a release date but all I can find is LATE OCT like you said! Sorry
 
i have a 600 and i just hate the controlls on it plus the auto correction with gels is pretty sweet. Im gonna be sellin mine soon when the 700's come out.
 
I agree with Jeatley, get the 600's while their cheap (and available). They've got more power.
 
supposively the 600 has a guide number of 30 and the 700 is 28 at 100 ISO. thats not much difference.

yet the coverage is 85mm lens on the 600 and 120mm on the 700
 
Oh I agree that the 700 will be better, but you said you need them quick so I think the 600 are great for the price. I want 2 900 or I might just spring for 1 or 2 700 later down the road but I am really happy with the 2 600 I have now
 
for the price of 2 900 you can get 2 ab-800 + vagabon 2! think about it !
 
but will the B800's fit in a pocket? hmmm compelling argument, thats been my thought for a while now. 2 B800's and a nice portable power source over a bunch of sb600, 700 or 900's.
 
i thought i saw somewhere that availability was christmas. i just ended up going with an SB-900 problaby overkill for me. but figure i'll have it for a long time anyway.
 
Nikon says late October, but some places have them out now, most will "guarantee" them by mid Nov. Nikon is usually not to great with release dates, sadly. :(
 
Why would u buy the 700 when for 100-150 more you can get a 900.
 
i have a 900...im looking for slave flashes with commander mode etc
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom