nikon sb600

Mitch1640

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
can the sb600 be triggered optically. for instance if i were using strobes would their flash trigger the sb600 or can it only be triggered by the commander mode or with a transmitter/receiver?

I would just use CLS, it is free, and works great.

I would just use CLS, it is free, and works great.

with a D90 sure, but some of us can't run an off cam flash without transmitters or optical (myself included).

like bjork said, pick up an optical eye that slides onto the show mount of the flash and go from there. cheap.:thumbup:

initially i wanted an 800 because i can plug a receiver into it. but it seems semi impossible to find one any more. i wanted to use the 600/800 as a background/hair light for portraits with my lights and off camera when im shooting concerts. i know i can shoot with it off camera if im not using anything else. but i wanted to not have to have my flash up.

what camera do you have?

I apologize, I though CLS was on all cameras. Has he looked at PW's products, or Cactus triggers?

i have a d90, i plan on getting the paul c buff, cybersync's but i wouldnt be able to hook up a trigger to the sb600 without getting some sort of sync adapter. another option would be if it could just be tripped optically.

i have a d90, i plan on getting the paul c buff, cybersync's but i wouldnt be able to hook up a trigger to the sb600 without getting some sort of sync adapter. another option would be if it could just be tripped optically.
I use CyberSync wireless triggers with my Canon Speedlites (one 580EX II and two 430EX) and have to use hot shoe sync adapters for the 430EXs because they lack an external sync port. I originally used these PC to hot shoe adapters with the short sync cord that came with the CyberSyncs, but the unreliable PC connectors were driving me crazy. So I bought these deluxe hot shoe adapters that eliminate the PC connection and they work great! No more mis-fires because of the loose PC connectors. Best $50 I've spent this year.

Said to work very well with SB-600s as well.

the flash zebra stuff is what paul recommends right? it seems like a sb600 and that flash zebra stuff might be the way to go

Most reactions

Back