Nikon School's Hands-on Guide to Creative Lighting

nmerrick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.zenologue.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
When Nikon sent me their usual marketing email message with news of their new DVD from the Nikon School – “A Hands-on Guide To Creative Lighting”, I thought to myself, “At last! Some real material to help get the most out of my SB-800 flash units.” I checked out the promo video online and was suitably impressed, so I ordered the DVD and also a companion book to go along with it.

It's too long to post here so I posted part I of my review of the DVD on my blog.

If you'd like to take a look at the review, you can find it here.

Best regards

Nigel

For someone that is not familiar with Nikon's CLS, I suppose a DVD would help, but once you've played with it for a month or so, it really is easy to use.

I suppose before I would have popped for the DVD, I would have seen what the net could offer me in terms of info, and a google nets me some incredibly detailed info... info that I am willing will meet or exceed what is in any DVD.

I also bet that DVD doesn't go very deep into the specifics of how CLS works, or more importantly... it's limitations?

When Nikon sent me their usual marketing email message with news of their new DVD from the Nikon School – “A Hands-on Guide To Creative Lighting”, I thought to myself, “At last! Some real material to help get the most out of my SB-800 flash units.” I checked out the promo video online and was suitably impressed, so I ordered the DVD and also a companion book to go along with it.

It's too long to post here so I posted part I of my review of the DVD on my blog.

If you'd like to take a look at the review, you can find it here.

Best regards

Nigel

Thanks for sharing Nigel!

Most reactions

Back