What's new

Nikon Sendai plant update

I was just kidding, I understand the tragedy and maybe it was in poor taste to joke about it, but was poking fun at Nikon users and not the people of Japan, including the employees of Nikon.
 
I was just kidding, I understand the tragedy and maybe it was in poor taste to joke about it, but was poking fun at Nikon users and not the people of Japan, including the employees of Nikon.

AFLAC ring any bells?
 
No maybe about it, it was in poor taste.

The news is also encouraging for Canon, Pentax, Sony, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina, Olympus, Epson, Fuji, and all the other Japanese companies we Americans rely on in so many ways.

You could edit your post.
 
I'll edit my post if that is what you wish, since you are the op I will respect that, though it has already been quoted. Since you posted this in "photography equipment & products: news and reviews" I assumed this was more of a "hurray" Nikon is going to be producing again, not a "this is a tragedy that has happened" because that to me has been well established and I would have expected that sort of post in "photographic discussions" where I usually see more ethics based posts. Not trying to say you are wrong, I see a lot of posts by you and they are usually responsible, and who am I to argue with someone with like 150 times as many posts as me. Just explaining my original point of view.
 
Amateur photographer is giving a slightly different view:

Japan Earthquake and Tsunami camera industry update news - Amateur Photographer - news, camera reviews, lens reviews, camera equipment guides, photography courses, competitions, photography forums

sighting that even if they can get their own factories running a lack of key components and materials might well drastically limit or even halt production. Further even if they get back onto production we might still see price rises if the cost of production rises for the companies.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom