Nikon Service Turn Around Time

BrandonS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.topspeedphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all, a few months ago while hiking I slipped on loose rock and broke the LCD screen on my camera. The camera works just fine still, but the LCD screen and clear cover over it (not the accessory cover) are broken. I ordered an LCD off of EBAY and put it in two nights ago. I still have the same issue of it powering on (the last one was cracked, but still powered on), but I don't get any type of image on it.

In any case, as I hate to have other people fix things for me, this is now beyond my realm. How long, in your experience, would it take for my camera to get back to me if I sent it in for service?

I think it may be the connector the larger ribbon (I'm assuming the smaller is for power) coming off the LCD, or the ribbon or connector that connects the back of the camera with the circuit board in the camera.

If you are not NPS expect a 3-5 week turnaround from Nikon USA. MINIMUM wait time. Times will vary depending on work load. In my experience, don't hold your breathe. While working at a camera shop for a few months, nothing sent to Nikon came back earlier than 5-8 weeks. And I was working for a authorized dealer. Usually you can expect an estimate within 8-10 days, and once approved and paid for, they will fix it.
On a side note, my Canon repairs never took more than 9 days. Including shipping time; to and from, and weekends.

Thanks all. Not sure I want to go that long w/out my camera. Maybe I'll just buy a small 7" LCD screen and use my rca output cable to view the stuff. So far I haven't needed to go into the menus too much and waiting to get home to view my results has yielded anything horribly exposed yet.

Most reactions

Back