Nikon Shutter Release options...

hacksaw35

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was going to get a shutter release cable for my D80, and there weren't very many reviews on b&h so I thought I would see if you guys had some opinions.

Wireless or Not...and is there any difference otherwise?

The two I was looking at

Wired- MC-DC1 $25
Wireless- ML-L3 $17

I got the wireless first and then found out if I want long exposures >30" the cable was best. Both are good to have. I also have times when the wireless wouldn't fire. ???

I know some people who have trouble with wired since they cannot hold the release still so they manage to shake the camera by putting too much tension on the wire.

but I never had such trouble myself.

I had a wireless for my D50 and it worked perfectly. I would say definatly get the wireless its one less thing to trip over. For long exposures on the "Bulb" setting you'll hit the button once to open and then once more to close. Also its only $17 I wish the remotes for the D200 were as cheap.

I wish the remotes for the D200 were as cheap.

You tell me ... :(

I'm not from the Nikon world, but it is the same everywhere, the more expensive the camera, the more expensive the release.

The wireless one sounds like the way to go.
Just wondering...about how far does it work from the camera?

Thanks.

i have the wireless for my D80, it is so small and comes with a neat little pouch that I slip my neckstrap through so it goes everywhere my camea goes. I have used it as far awayas 25 feet, I set the trigre fncton on the camera for the wireless + delay so it isn't in the picture when I am ;) I set my camera to BULB and well, I didn;t get the sameresult. I pressed the button and it shot open close. done. no long exposure. oops. will have anothr lok if it is supposed to be a 2 click operation for BULB. I like it.

I have the wired MC-DC1. I like it. I've never tried the wireless version (I figured it's one more thing to lose). I have a hard enough time keeping track of my lens cap. I just leave my release plugged into my camera (when I'm out shooting) and genitally wrap the cord around the camera body so it's there when I need it.

Thanks for the opinions guys, I think I will try out the wireless one.

By the way did you do that on purpose m1 :lol: (genitally?)

and genitally wrap the cord around the camera body so it's there when I need it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back