Nikon's extraordinary losses

all brands will cease production of DSLR's.

If the multiple statements by Rioch are true, they plan on going down swinging a DSLR. If you'll recall they made a foray into the mirroless market back in 2012, it only stayed on the market for a year. There really isn't an advantage for them to try it again

I’m not too worried: I don’t think my cameras and lenses will self-destruct if something happens to them.

Ok I am not a Nikon user so I am outside looking in knowing nothing
So i ask these questions
If at noon today (pick your own time zone) Nikon said that’s it we are done close shop go home
1 would your cameras and lenses suddenly stop working
2 would all the people/firms that sale and or repair Nikon suddenly stop doing so
3 how long would it be before above said, “ sorry mate/Mrs it’s to old can’t help”.

In my opinion, Nikon's problems have to be linked to the decline of the DSLR.

Nikon isn't going anywhere. There are way too many people who own the lenses and will keep buying cameras to match their system. It's entirely possible that Nikon will be acquired and the technology merged with another system, but Nikon-mount camera-systems (whether made by Nikon or made by the newly formed Nikon-Sony or Nikon-Fuji or whatever) will continue to exist for the foreseeable future, IMO.

Most reactions

Back