No love for the DSLR alternative?

Gee, you get emotional Derrel! My point is that if technology and the marketplace can result in the gradual demise of both film and the Kodak company which most would have said was ridiculous and impossible a number of years ago, then the demise of the DSLR equally due to the marketplace and technology is certainly not an impossibility. All that is necessary is what I mentioned: improvements in mirror-less cameras that match or surpass DSLRs at a lower price.

What pro, competing in a tight market, for example would not consider a smaller camera with better quality images and more features than a DSLR and a lower price tag? This is NOT the case at present but the gap between the two is closing. The OLED viewfinder of the Sony SLT for example is certainly far better than any previous EVF.

The basics of the marketplace: price, features, image quality, value, and reliability will determine whether DSLRs retain their top rung or lose ground to mirror-less cameras if DSLRs are surpassed in the above areas.

skieur

That may be what you meant, but it's a far cry from what you said.

Sure it is both what I meant and what I said.

skieur

Last edited:
:lol: Well, ok then!

I agree we don't need more brands in the equipment section. At what point do we stop? Nokia? Manfrotto? Sandisk?

What I do think would clean it up nicely is to seperate gear types. There's a nice start with a separate sections for lighting, but you have equipment, lighting equipment, and cameras. It's back to the old generalness of the pre-expansion TPF. Some more thought put into it would have cleaned it up nicely. Lighting, photography accessories, DSLRs, P&S, EVIL. That would condense the section and take the brand specific forums and get rid of them. If you reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally wanted to you could do subforums under DSLR and P&S, and EVIL, for the brands, but I don't think that's necessary.

I agree we don't need more brands in the equipment section. At what point do we stop? Nokia? Manfrotto? Sandisk?

What I do think would clean it up nicely is to seperate gear types. There's a nice start with a separate sections for lighting, but you have equipment, lighting equipment, and cameras. It's back to the old generalness of the pre-expansion TPF. Some more thought put into it would have cleaned it up nicely. Lighting, photography accessories, DSLRs, P&S, EVIL. That would condense the section and take the brand specific forums and get rid of them. If you reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally wanted to you could do subforums under DSLR and P&S, and EVIL, for the brands, but I don't think that's necessary.

uhmmmm you excluded eneloop
bigthumb.gif

Most reactions

Back