No more E6 processing in town

dinodan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yesterday, I went to the photo place where I had been buying film and taking it to be processed for 20 years. Gone! (As in shut down.)

For a while, they had been doing E6 in house, but then went back to sending it out.

I then went to another lab in the area, but they don't do E6. They suggested Ritz camera at the mall.

Rather than take it there, I'm going to try E Six Lab of Atlanta. Has anybody used them?

This has got me wondering how long E6 will be viable...

This happened to me several years back. I called Kodak asking for the names of Q Labs in the Chicago area... there were none!

I'm at home, using an ancient G3 with dial-up, so I'm not able to find any links for you just now. But if you Google "Kodak pro" and follow the links, I believe they have a Q Lab locater. You should be able to find something closer to you.

Good luck!

-Pete

Christie Photo, for E6 I currently go to PJs in Glen Ellyn http://www.pjcamera.com/
The price is right, they can do 35mm or 120, and have it done next day. I also get alot of my darkroom supplies and film there. Im not sure if they offer a service with shipping involved but I do like their services and prices.

Thanks for the link.

-Pete

Have you tried it? how many rolls can you get out of a pint?

Christie Photo, for E6 I currently go to PJs in Glen Ellyn http://www.pjcamera.com/
The price is right, they can do 35mm or 120, and have it done next day. I also get alot of my darkroom supplies and film there. Im not sure if they offer a service with shipping involved but I do like their services and prices.

I haven't tried the E6, but I have used the same package size C41 and it's supposed to be good for around 8 rolls or so..(of 120, probably a few more 35mm) but I only mixed half of it because I use a stainless steel tank, if I mixed it all at once, it'd be a huge waste, so that should double it unless I screw something up.

Have you tried it? how many rolls can you get out of a pint?

I've used this kit, it's stated capacity is 8 rolls per liter (4 per pint). You could probably push it past that, but I haven't tried.

I was scared to process color until I tried it, but it's actually easier to achieve consistent results then black and white. The only tricky parts are:

1) maintaining the temp, I use a styrofoam cooler to keep the temps more stable.
2) processing more film at a time; the chemicals are more expensive then black and white so you'll likely want to use them to exhaustion, and I wouldn't trust the dillutions lasting more then a couple days.

JW Photo Labs in Raleigh is fabulous and they're somewhat in the general vicinity.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back