No Pants Subway Ride 2013

ArmyofJuan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just wanna post this if anyone living in NYC is interested in getting a few pictures of the event. It will take place on sunday January 13, 2012 in NYC and would be great to do people photography in a unusual way. Cutting it short everyone will be in undies.

please see link for information on the event.

http://improveverywhere.com/2012/12/03/save-the-date-no-pants-subway-ride-2013/

If i posted in the wrong forum, forgive me.

Yeah, they've done this before.

Reminds me of the poor women in Delhi being raped on public transportation, and I could assure you going on one w/o pants would be a death wish.

We're a little ridiculous in the united states if you ask me.

I work for public transit--fortunately, in a city that doesn't HAVE a subway system. If we had an event like this in our city, I can assure you I'd be taking a sick day, not going out with the camera. A bus full of some of our "regulars" with nothing but their undies on?...
Not just NO, but H*** NO!

NYC...you lucky guys. You have it all!

lol yes was teasing u guys. it is just without pants. undies is required

I love how "underwear" is disturbing, if it were july and it was "ride the subway in your swimsuit day" then there wouldn't be anything to talk about. It'd just be people wearing bikinis.

Oh, but not the undies! that's just WRONG!

People and their silly social conventions.

When I lived in NYC some time ago the subway was often pretty challenging on a daily basis, even without events like this. It's bad enough seeing a lot of our overweight/out-of-shape fellow citizens out on the open streets in shorts.

I love how "underwear" is disturbing, if it were july and it was "ride the subway in your swimsuit day" then there wouldn't be anything to talk about. It'd just be people wearing bikinis.

Oh, but not the undies! that's just WRONG!

People and their silly social conventions.

I disagree...I don't want to see a bunch of people on the transit system in their bikinis and speedos either, especially in the heat of July! Wow--I can almost SMELL that thought!! :lmao:

Call it a silly social convention if you want, and you're right, I suppose: But I'll just be honest. The older I get, the more I like my clothes! :lol:

So II guess the overweight/out-of-shape should never dress comfortably?

When I lived in NYC some time ago the subway was often pretty challenging on a daily basis, even without events like this. It's bad enough seeing a lot of our overweight/out-of-shape fellow citizens out on the open streets in shorts.

DannyLewis said:

They should just not be overweight/ out- of- shape lol. :rollin' my eyes:

Man, people will get offended/defensive over anything.

Not offended or defensive just put it in no biggie. not over weight either. But maybe some here are and somethings are better left unsaid.....
DannyLewis said:

They should just not be overweight/ out- of- shape lol. :rollin' my eyes:

Man, people will get offended/defensive over anything.

Clip from the Washington, DC group

The No Pants Subway Ride is an annual global event started by Improv Everywhere in New York in 2002. For information about them, please check out http://improveverywhere.com/.

For Washington, DC, we will be meeting at Hancock Park, also known as Box Car Willie Park on Google Maps, right outside the L’Enfant Metro station, at 2PM, and will reveal what time we’ll go pants-less. The nearest intersection is 7th and C Street, SW.

This year, we’re telling everyone the Metro boundaries ahead of time. We will be traveling between Metro Center, Chinatown, and L’Enfant Metro Stations. If you don’t know what those are, they are the three large, white circles in the middle of the metro maps.

REMEMBER: The point of the day is not to "protest pants". It is to enjoy the hilarity that ensues when 400 people one day just... forget their pants! Start thinking of your stories now.

“Oh my gosh, you’re right, I have no pants! I did not notice!”
“I was in such a rush, I forgot my pants.”
“I dropped off my pants at the dry cleaners and didn’t bring a spare.”
“My dog ate my pants.”
“Is it No Pants Day? That’s silly! I always shop for pants without wearing any. How else can you try them on?”
”I don’t know who these people are, I never wear pants. I’ve obviously started a trend.”

Basic Rules:

If anyone of authority, including but not limited to:

- Capitol Police
- DC Police
- Metro Station Managers
- Metro Train Conductors
- Any other person of authority within Metro or DC Government

If they request that you put back on your pants or leave, DO IT! They know we're going to be there, but every once in a while, an employee does not get the memo. DOES NOT MATTER. If they tell you to do something, DO IT!

District of Columbia laws are very subjective. Try not to wear anything more revealing than “PG-13”, such as a typical women's bikini bottom or a men’s Speedo. When in doubt, wear two pairs of underwear. Take this as an opportunity to show off your style (or lack there of)!

All garments should be clean! We are sitting down on seats that other passengers on metro will use. Please be considerate.

Most reactions

Back