Not open for further replies.

imagemaker46

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
imagecommunications.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So it seems that my sense of humour in a thread has been shut down.

This forum is laced with closed minded people that disrupt every thread they post on. The number of intelligent threads being closed down is happening more and more.

Wake up admin terri, life should be fun and full of laughter, and a thread that makes people smile is as important as the ones that give people answers to their intelligent questions. I thought poking a little fun would help level the forum straight again.

I have left this forum in the past because of personal attacks, this time I am leaving this forum for good.

There is little place in my world for people that can't laugh, or enjoy humour.

Imagemaker46

bye.

I like humor. I am funny. I own this forum.

pianto-1.gif

Don't forget hilariously arrogant, and elitist.

I'm sure you'll find somewhere better.
:D

So it seems that my sense of humour in a thread has been shut down.

This forum is laced with closed minded people that disrupt every thread they post on. The number of intelligent threads being closed down is happening more and more.

Wake up admin terri, life should be fun and full of laughter, and a thread that makes people smile is as important as the ones that give people answers to their intelligent questions. I thought poking a little fun would help level the forum straight again.

I have left this forum in the past because of personal attacks, this time I am leaving this forum for good.

There is little place in my world for people that can't laugh, or enjoy humour.

Imagemaker46

I would hate to see you go, since you are one of the FEW long term (40 years plus) PRO's here...hardly worth it because of the lack of humor around here, or the numbers of "silly" posts. But I do understand, and have felt the same. I hope you decide not to leave... but if you do , I wish you the best.. and will hopefully run into you elsewhere. There have been several very experienced pro's that have left lately for similar reason (usually an argument with a wanna-be)... but apparently the sheer quantity of Entry level wanna-be's seem to outweigh the years of knowledge that some people are willing to share (numbers = more advertisers = profit, I guess).

Best of luck to you!

Last edited:
Like Charlie I value your participation here.

Joe

I should have posted the thread that started this all: "Here's a thought" in this section. How do people not understand obvious sarcasm?

I should have posted the thread that started this all: "Here's a thought" in this section. How do people not understand obvious sarcasm?
Cause they're a slave to their own ego, have a huge stick up their ass, or just aren't worth talking to.

I saw the new pro thread you were involved in get shut down, then I saw your post come up a short time later, and so to me, your post did not seem at all like humor. It seemed to me to be a very targeted, passive-aggressive attack on newcomers and inexperienced shooters, and it seemed to me to be a continuation of your expressions of contempt for new professional and ,"Mommy can't shoot anything," shooters (as you described them).

Just sayin'--you can now say that it was supposed to be funny, but I watched as the view count hit over 150, without a single reply. It did not seem funny at all.

If anyone has a right to be bitter about what the proliferation of Amateur-PROS (Amateur-PRO.. OMG, what a stupid concept!) has done to photography, it is Imagemaker. He has done it (professional photography) his whole life, as did his father! I don't care what anyone says, it HAS had a negative effect on perceived acceptable quality, income, and overall perception of "professional photography"! But then, many of those here that are advocates of the NEW professionals, are basically that... NEW professionals!

Lolwut?

Translation: "I won't tolerate personal attacks, unless they happen to be my own attacks compiled together in an attack thread against newbies, in which case I won't tolerate other people not tolerating attacks."

I know you're probably twice my age, but come on, grow up. It was a bad joke. We all make them, and this one happened to get called out. Keep calm and carry on.

I don't care what anyone says, it HAS had a negative effect on perceived acceptable quality, income, and overall perception of "professional photography"!
Not as bad of an impact on the perception of professional photography as professional photographers flying off the handle against people merely for being ignorant. Especially people who took the effort to go onto a forum and reduce their level of ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back