No Spring yet....C&C pls

sanderso

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went out at lunch looking for something/anything. No spring in Chicago yet...very unexciting. These are my first B&W shots.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

1. 1/640 at f5.6; ISO=200, 13mm

2. 1/200 at f4.5; ISO 200; 24mm

3. 1/100 at f9.0; ISO 200; 10mm

I am a big fan of BW photos of leafless trees and these are no exception. Nicely done.

I like the first one the most. As for the 3rd one I would have considered a slightly different angle. Maybe with you (the photographer) being lower to the ground that way you see less of the ground and more tree branches against the sky.

Thanks all ! :razz:

KxBlaze: Good thought on #3. I knew there would be fewer trees in the shot, so I captured the area near the stump (didn't come out as strong in BW as I envisioned). I hadn't considered getting lower to include more trees. Good suggestion....thanks!

Well chosen subjects for black&white photography!
The area around here looks similar: no more snow on the ground, but the vegetation is still hibernating, or so it seems.
Will need to look at the photos my husband brought home from Chicago today, he was in your lands till last night... ;)

Well chosen subjects for black&white photography!
The area around here looks similar: no more snow on the ground, but the vegetation is still hibernating, or so it seems.
Will need to look at the photos my husband brought home from Chicago today, he was in your lands till last night... ;)

Thank you!

Not much color around here yet....give it a few weeks. In fact, the joke around here is that there really isn't any Spring...it goes from drab to hot summer instantly! Ok..so, maybe there's a whole week of Spring.... But it seems not much more!

I hope your husband's travels were safe (the weather last night was good for flying)...and I hope he managed some better shots than my trees!

Nice set!!!

Most reactions

Back