Nobody knows...

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...how sick I actually have been since Tuesday.
Sick in the sense of "flu" - a cold. Not the real influenza, let alone "bird flu", though that is the only flu I can ever get, you know: me being née "Vogel", which translates into? Hm? Hm? Any ideas? C'mon!

But I cough as if a dog were barking, and my whole head feels like padded in cotton wool. Worse: like FILLED WITH only cotton wool. And my face is sore from the heavily affected sinuses and what's worst:

MY VOICE!

My voice is a wreck!
How am I EVER going to sing the many high A's and G's that this Mr Johann Sebastian Bach has written into his Christmas Oratorio :shock: !?!?!?

I think I must very quickly learn all the bass part... very fast now.

Any other ideas?
I drink lots and lots of tea, inhale, put this smelly stuff on my chest, have a medicine from the pharmacy that is meant to loosen up the cough - and I feel like cr**. You know...

Aargh!

When I have rehe****d* a piece for so and so long, I also want to be able to perform it! *stomping foot*

What a bummer!

Edit:
(*hey: I did not mean to say anything rude here, system! It is the official word for "practised"!)

bless your heart, LaFoto ...:hug::

Vick's vapor rub works wonders ... if ya'll have that there. APrilraven swears by it for everything from colds and coughs to athletes foot to gangreen ... not that she's ever had gangreen!

get well!

i feel your pain Corinna. i've been out for a few days myself and just returned from the doctor this morning with 'zpak' <-- a med that's suppose to act quickly...we'll see!

good luck with your bass part ;)

JonMikal said:
i feel your pain Corinna. i've been out for a few days myself and just returned from the doctor this morning with 'zpak' <-- a med that's suppose to act quickly...we'll see!

good luck with your bass part ;)

Bless your heart, too JonMikalCAGE Rodham-Clinton ... Vicks Vapor Rub ... it's the ticket!

BTW ... with a ZPak ... stick close to the bathroom, bud ... TRUST ME! :confused:

Get well soon everyone! For your throat, try a teaspoon of cooking oil and sugar. I try and get some from my grandma even when im not sick :)

ahhh, lafoto... i am so terribly sorry....i know how that is, when your struggle to learn music for a huge performance, and you get sick right before..

as far as the throat thing, let me tell you, dont take this lightly, cause i swear if you do this it will help tremendously...

first, i come from a long line of singers.... it runs in the family...music is huge in our family...
but when you have a sore throat or any kind of throat pain, illness, sickness, irritation... if you will find lysterine, or scope mouth wash, or any kind that has the alcohol base... you must gargle atleast three times in the morning and three times in the afternoon, and three at night... i swear by all thats holy it will cure you in a quick time frame.... it kills all the bacteria in your throat...and all that drainage is keeping your throat "sick" and coughing is irritating it..and if you start killing it, your throat will heal itself pretty dang quick...

just try it.... sounds too simple for words, but the truth is, the alcohol is the thing that will help kill out the germs...good luck lafoto! let us know how the concert goes, k?

Sorry to hear that you're ill Corinna - drink beer and eat hot curry - it might not cure the cold, but it'll make you feel better for a while :D

rehearsed - hmmm

Zpak is a dose of antibiotics. With some people they can bother the stomach. I never had a problem with them.

I was plesantly surprised with how much the things like thera-flu worked. You might want to try that.

lol, rehe****d rehe****d rehe****d :)

It's true, I use Listerine. It hasn't really ever worked for me but I only do it once, apparently not enough. I'm gonna try that next time!

Ya gotta get well soon girl :hug::
Ive been fighting a bug for three weeks, and now I sound like a voice over for one of the orcs from Lord of the Rings.
Hope you are feelin better soon. Get lots of rest....k?

I can't believe you can't say rehe****... Well, get better. I heard that if you eat raw onion it will help, but who knows. That may very well be Voodoo-talk...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back