Nobody seems to be giving straight answers.

Are you fooking brain dead?

1/ There are rarely any straight answers in this business.

2/ As you so willingly tell us, you have the answers before anyone has much of a chance to give you any.

Get over yourself.

Not sure if that's directed at me. Note that I am not the OP.

No, it was not directed at you but you must have a guilty conscience if you thought it was, lol.

It was directed at the OP who tells us at Post #7: "Most people on here say that the body of the camera has nothing to do with your photos, wrong. Everybody on here says its all about your glass, all about your lenses. Also wrong."

He's got the answer so why does he ask a question?

How many orders of magnitude better is your D40x compared to the field camera Ansel Adams used to capture 'Half dome'?

I think you have that backwards. I seem to remember he used a 6x8 field camera for that one which should have yielded somewhere in the vicinity of 500mp worth of information. Add to that the tilt and shift to correct distortion and that camera can blow the doors on a little digital as far as quality is concerned. Heck, I shoot a 4x5 and images from it make my D90 look like a little 110 instamatic!

I do however agree with your logic that the camera is secondary to the photographer (to a point), but your example was...... lets just say incorrect, shall we?

Generally speaking, in my experience, after the photographer you need a descent camera, then better glass.

Allan

No, it was not directed at you but you must have a guilty conscience if you thought it was, lol.

It was directed at the OP who tells us at Post #7: "Most people on here say that the body of the camera has nothing to do with your photos, wrong. Everybody on here says its all about your glass, all about your lenses. Also wrong."

He's got the answer so why does he ask a question?

I ask a question because I would like to hear opinions from people whoa re here to help others, unlike yourself obviously. If you do not have anything goodto say, or anything that can help anybody, why say it. If all you can say is this, why say it ? What you have posted hasn't been of any benefit to anybody. With thispost I tried to get an answer from certain people who actually enjoy helping other photographer instead of putting them down as you have done with your post.

sure.
upgrade.
then send me your d40x and ill make good pics with it. ;)

A. relax. breathe. i was attempting (poorly apparently) some good-hearted humor.
B. your photos seem pretty good from what ive seen. breathe again.
C. Not every post you get on a public forum will help you or even be directly related to the topic at hand. yes, even if it's YOUR thread. loosen up tiger.

A: Thank you those photos are some of my good ones.
B: Sorry I get the humor part now, my mistake I thought you were reffering to c.cloudwalker's rude comment.
C: Yes very true I have noticed that.

Most reactions

Back