Noise Reduction

linpelk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some friends of mine just got married yesterday and they asked me to take pictures. It was very low key, in the forest (I actually posted for advice about this wedding a few weeks back). Anyway, since it was very dark in the trees, I had to shoot at about 1000 ISO which makes for terrible noise with my 30D. I think some of the pictures turned out nice, but would like to maybe purchase a plug in for noise reduction. I did the trial for Noiseware and it looks great. Does anyone have any experience with this plug in and can tell me if the "standard" version works fine? Thanks and here's a picture I took yesterday...what do you think?

IMG_3249.jpg

I use noiseware pro ... and have both the plugin and the stand alone. They both work great.

Thank you icassell and Samanax. I went to the comparison review that Samanax attached for me and I saw that Topaz denoise was rated pretty well so I checked it out and they have a 30 day FREE trial. It works pretty good. Thanks so much for the input.

I was also wondering what you guys thought about this shot. I removed a truck that was behind the bench on the left. If I hadn't told you, would it be obvious? My photoshop skills are questionable at best.

Thanks again.

IMG_3280.jpg

I guess I should remove that white paper/sign on the post directly in front of them too. I didn't even notice it until now...

Canon's own Digital Photo Professional software has luminance and chrominance noise reduction tools for both raw and jpg/tiff files.

Thank you icassell and Samanax. I went to the comparison review that Samanax attached for me and I saw that Topaz denoise was rated pretty well so I checked it out and they have a 30 day FREE trial. It works pretty good. Thanks so much for the input.

I was also wondering what you guys thought about this shot. I removed a truck that was behind the bench on the left. If I hadn't told you, would it be obvious? My photoshop skills are questionable at best.

Thanks again.

IMG_3280.jpg

I guess I should remove that white paper/sign on the post directly in front of them too. I didn't even notice it until now...
yes you can see near the top right side of the bench where you did it. It takes a lot of time and practice to get good at it so eventually you'll be a pro.

Off topic a bit, but i really like the second shot. It as a fairy tale ending feel to it.

Thanks again.

IMG_3280.jpg

yes you can see near the top right side of the bench where you did it. It takes a lot of time and practice to get good at it so eventually you'll be a pro.

Thanks. I was going to try this again to fix the top of the bench. I haven't sent out any of these pictures yet to the bride/groom so I'm not committed to it yet. I do really like this picture so I want it to be as perfect as I can get it.

And thanks Mturulski for the comment.

i downloaded the Noiseware community edition and it works so good. thanx samanax

I have been using Neat Image and Noise Ninja 2

Most reactions

Back