Non Photography Related Podcasts

JacaRanda

Hobbyist Birdographer
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Podcasts recommendations.

I recently finished You Must Remember This | Podcast | Infinite Guest Podcast Network which by chance overlapped with CNN's 45th anniversary of the Manson murders program. (The shananigans that went on in Hollywood - Sheesh). The amount of people that married and remmaried over and over again was crazy.

Anyway, now I am listenting to this series Dan Carlin - Hardcore History Library.

Do any of you have recommendations on podcasts you would like to share? I could use some others to occupy my time and keep me out of trouble.

My wife had me listen to an episode or two of Serial. That was pretty darn good. I need to finish it...

My wife had me listen to an episode or two of Serial. That was pretty darn good. I need to finish it...

Some fascinating stuff for sure. I am finding that there are some that allow me to multitask. The Wrath of the Khans is totally different. I find myself rewinding often. There is sooooooooo much information.

Some fascinating stuff for sure. I am finding that there are some that allow me to multitask. The Wrath of the Khans is totally different. I find myself rewinding often. There is sooooooooo much information.
Yeah, I find it hard to listen to podcasts, because a lot of my work involves either reading reports or writing reports. It's too much for my brain to handle, haha. :boggled:

Hardcore history is great! I love the Stuff You Should Know and Stuff You Missed in History Class, the Moth Radio Hour podcast, Marc Maron's WTF, Bill Burr's podcast, and some other comedians stuff too. Podcasts keep me sane on the long drives I'm always taking when out shooting

Hardcore history is great! I love the Stuff You Should Know and Stuff You Missed in History Class, the Moth Radio Hour podcast, Marc Maron's WTF, Bill Burr's podcast, and some other comedians stuff too. Podcasts keep me sane on the long drives I'm always taking when out shooting

I would like to listen while out shooting, but it could be dangerous. I have to listen for critters especially snakes. I'm still not sure how snakes in Southern California know when to go dormant.

I would like to listen while out shooting, but it could be dangerous. I have to listen for critters especially snakes. I'm still not sure how snakes in Southern California know when to go dormant.

Yeah the only time I listen to them while out shooting is sometimes at night when I'm by myself. Part of me thinks it'd be better to be quiet so I could hear any animals creeping around but the podcasts distract me and give me a little piece of mind hah

Limetown just sucked me right in.. Limetown

If you like X-Files or the Serial podcast, you'll probably fall in love with this one.

I also listen to Dan Carlin's Hardcore History. Haven't missed an episode yet!

Also listen to:
Formula1blog.com Podcast
Sniff Petrol - Gareth Jones on Speed
How did this get made
WTF
Giant Bombcast
The Nerdist
Skeptoid
The Skeptic's Guide to the UNiverse

i listen to a lot of podcasts while doing other things, including while walking around downtown taking pictures......

some of my favs:
SGU
Cognitive Dissonance
Caustic Soda
Fighter and the Kid
Joe Rogan Exp
Church of whats happening now
Radiolab
StarTalk Radio
Skeptically Yours
Doug Stanhope Shotclog

Hardcore History is excellent. Probably my favourite. It's worth purchasing the older episodes, especially the Fall of Rome and Wrath of the Khans.

I also like:
99% Invisible
Radiolab
There's a new one called History on Fire I listened to the other day. Really interesting episode about the Iceman. Hopefully that ends up being a good series too.
CBC Ideas can be a good one too

The Message

This is a real short podcast--8 part series, with each episode being around 10 minutes. If you're looking for a very short sci-fi podcast, it's pretty good. I've used it as a mini-break between my other podcasts.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back