NOOB Here! Some questions..Advice welcome!

Is #1 on whidby island WA? Fun place.

It's in Queens, NY (near the Whitestone Bridge)

Remember to shoot in RAW if your camera has the capability.

I can shoot in RAW or RAW+JPEG but I figured I wouldn't need to use RAW until I got somewhat decent. I'll check it out and shoot some pictures in RAW.

In situations like these manual white balance is pretty unnecessary I only manually adjust in poorly lit conditions, the composition doesn't do much for me. I think the first would be better if you included the view the girl is looking over to create a mood. I think the second would of been better from a low perspective and it's also underexposed.

I did realize that you can't tell what the girl is looking at. For the second I really wanted a lower perspective but there is no way down there without climbing through someones backyard.

You should be shooting RAW, "BECAUSE" you aren't "somewhat decent". As you stated. RAW will give you more room for error. As you can bring it back in post.
What happens if you get that once in a lifetime shot because you were in the right place at the right time? and take timputtick's advise and google "composition".

Most reactions

Back